Sunday, June 22, 2008

How to...

I had a few requests on how I made the flowers. *Mind you, I cannot take credit for these, as I got the idea from Tricia!*
But I just went to the scrapbook store and found some chip board flowers.
Then I painted the chip board flowers red.
Trace and cut out the shapes of the flowers from fun paper.
Mod Podge the paper to the chip board.
Print out little 1 inch close up pictures and punch out with a circle whole puncher that is the appropriate size. (I also printed out the words and punched those out the same.)
Then attach with a foam sticky so they stand up a little.
I think Tricia glued them onto pens or pencils or something. But I had some wire so I used that because I know Chris would NOT use the pens! Plus I wanted them to be bendable. So I bent the top of the wire into a little swirl (so it had some kind of a surface) and then just glue gunned them to the flower.
Then cut out little leaves from felt leaving a little bit of a "stem" and then wrap the wire with floral tape. Putting the leaves in appropriate spots and then walla, you have a cute arrangement!

I hope this helps! If you make one, post it, so we can see how cute it turns out! I LOVE Jodi's idea of making one for the table! Adorable flowers that will never die!!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing the HOW TO...I'm going to put it in my craft folder under mod podge.

kirsten said...

Thanks for sharing, Lanae! They turned out so cute!

Tara said...

Cute. So if I ever want to make them, I don't have to call and bug you now. THANKS.

Lyndsee Bates said...

Those are too cute! You are so good to make them for Chris! He's a great dad! Hope he had a great Father's Day!!

Tricia said...

Yeah you better give me credit!! Just kidding I stole the idea from a magazine. I'm wanting to make button flowers this week.