Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Time and Nastolgia

This morning as I was trying to get some more editing done, I went to check on the girls and this is what I found out the kitchen window.They were so relaxed, just slowly swinging while they were eating their Popsicles! It just reminded me of summer so I had to take a few pictures. They looked too cute being a typical summer time kid! They are definitely enjoying the Popsicles during the summer heat! I bought one of those bulk bags on Friday and it is already gone! They go through them so quickly! But hey, they are so refreshing and delicious! The only trick is to try to get them to eat something else, and to try to eat them before they melt!! I love how it takes so much focus for them to eat that tail end of the Popsicle! So difficult to eat it without letting it drop! Then they come in the house so sticky and colorful and smelling like cute little summertime kids! I LOVE it! (Well, the stickiness...not so much!)
This picture is for Mom. As I was looking through boxes to find the tea cup from my Granny, to take Sadie's birthday invitation picture with, I found some of my old clothes and had to pull some out for the girls. It is just too fun! I soaked them in OxyClean and they don't look too bad. So here is Lucy in my old preschool shirt! Kinderland kids, who are they? The best darn kids in the USA! La Dee Da (click click) La Dee Da (click click) La Dee Da, La Dee Da, La Dee Da (click click)!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

How sweet are your girls ?!?!?!?! What a wonderful summer moment...they are adorable. And that picture of Lucy in your kinderland t-shirt is so silly...fun that you have that still.

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is too cute. Those bags of popsicles are divine!!! Love the old tee I have one from when I was first born, I never took a picture of the girls in it though. Great idea!
Oh the joy of summer days!!!

Tricia said...

Ha, ha we were the best darn kids in the USA, but now it's our kids! Lucy looks so cute concentrating so hard to not let her popsicle fall! I'm hearing you about the popsicles we have them for breakfast around here sometimes!

Gramma Stewie said...

Ohhhhh, I LOVE seeing Lucy in your old preschool T-shirt!!!! I knew you would love it some day....good thing we kept it safe all these years, huh? I absolutely think she looks adorable in your Kinderland shirt. You looked so cute in it on the float for the parade you three girls were in that summer. Let's here it for oxyclean! Wonderful! And you never can just read that preschool song...it has to be sung.....FUN for me! When did you all grow up? I love you and I love your girls....TWO FISTED popsicle eaters, eh? Did they get those on their own? So cute. Lucy looks like she really has a suction in that one picture.....143

Tara said...

Did you ever FIND that teacup? I think I have it. I came across it the other day, and was like: "Did I forget that I got this? I thought I only had a plate." SORRY if it is yours!!!
Your girls are adorable. I love that they are just sitting on their swings, barefoot, suckin' down popsicles together! Oh sisters and summertime! LOVE IT.

Jodi said...

I can't believe that you have clothes from your childhood; that is so cool. The tee shirt looks cute on Lucy too!