No I did not take the girls to get fake nails, but we did get her those little stick on ones. (Which they are so nice now days! They already have the sticky on the nail and you just stick it on! I remember the sticky stuff being on paper and then trying to maneuver them onto your nails without it folding or whatever. Ugh!) Our babysitter had "real" fake nails a while back and Sadie has been asking about them ever since! So, we got some for her to do with the babysitter last night. She LOVED it! Being four years old, she had absolutely no reservations to hold back the tapping or whatever else that suited her fancy; as a normal teen would kind of know to hold back ("trying not to smile"). Sadie was all smiles and ALL taps and clicks. Even getting our attention to hear the different sounds as she tapped on different objects! And boy was she ever graceful with her hands.
I just had to laugh as I remembered the annoyance of it as a youth. Also remember, I was a teen myself! So, snotty and impatient! She and our babysitter put them on last night, but then took them off. She wanted to put them on again this morning before church, but because she takes FOREVER with compromising on an outfit, we did not have time. Especially because we had to be on time today for the Primary Program; which went well. Chris and I are primary teachers, so I was on the stand as well, and Chris was down with Lucy. So a little before it was time for Sadie's part (which was "We read our Scriptures together." After the teacher asked ways they can strengthen their family) she turns around to me and is mouthing that her teacher said her part was "We read the Book of Mormon." So she was so concerned! I mouthed back that she can pick which one she wants to say. I later explained that it meant the same thing. :) So it gets to her turn and her teacher is holding the microphone to her and she shakes her head no and after a little coaxing from her teacher she whispers into the mic "I don't want to." I wasn't surprised because the past few times at practice she wasn't wanting to either. We are still so proud of her. Her favorite song from the program is, "I Love to See the Temple." I love to hear her sing that! When we were in Utah this summer she kept singing it at all the different Temples we saw, as Lucy was insisting that they were castles. :) Anyway, the fingernails are fun for about a half an hour and then she decides to take them off. (Thank goodness, because that is probably all the tapping I can handle myself!) Lucy saw Sadie putting them on and wanted them too. She liked them for as long as it took to take the pictures and then she was done. :) Aren't girls fun! I love that I get to do these fun girly things with them. They are too cute! Not that cute of a picture though. Sadie, would not stop talking/suggesting ways to hold their hands, while Lucy could not stop looking at them. Ha Ha :)






7 comments:
That is so cute! I'm pretty sure it was Tara with those fake nails! I'm sure lee-press-on-nails have come a long way. I love that they love being so girly together! Classic response for Sadie during the Primary Program. Shane got his part today and is so excited! Glad it went well. I wish I was there to do some girls things with those 2 darling girls of yours.
I'm sorry that I messed her up on her part in the program! :)
LOVE those nails!
Fun times! Had a nice talk with Sadie on the phone!
Dad
Hannah calls temples Castles too. So funny! We went to Houston a couple weekends ago for a friend's sealing and she was SO excited. Now we get to go back for my brother's sealing in November and since she was just there she is again, super duper excited. I love this age!
Hannah LOVES loves loves fake fingernails. I am with you though...the tapping is like nails on a chalkboard for me lol.
Who could resist the tapping? It is sooooo fun (when you are THE TAPPER)....right? Well, that is cute that the girls got to have 'fancy fingernails' for a little while...sounds like for Lucy, a VERY little while.
Oh, how we wish we had been at Sadie's FIRST PRIMARY PROGRAM! It breaks my heart that we were not able to be there. Give the girls both a hug & kiss from us. Sucha a cute story about Sadie's part in the PP. We are proud of her!
You'd be amazed at how many of those "girly" things actually happen with boys too--especially if they have a big sister. Why didn't they come up with little girl sized nails when we were little?
This is Tiffany (Butterfield) McBride and I must say that your girls are absolutely adorable. I wish they had nails like that when I was little. I haven't been much of a blogger lately so I am slow to find things out so this is very late but congrats on baby # 3 on the way!! That is great!!! If you are ever interested feel free to check out my blog.
Post a Comment