Friday, February 27, 2009

Blogging Hiatus

I know, I know....I have been a horrible blogger! Things have just been really crazy around here. Well, I guess not too crazy; but crazy for a pregnant Mommy of two silly girls! By the end of the day I am pooped and don't really want to do much of anything except watch TV and cuddle with my cute hubby! But I am finally changing my ways! :)
Sadie is doing SO good after her surgery! We had a rough few days, but by the Wednesday after her surgery it was like someone flipped a switch and she was instantly better! It was nice! But those first few days were difficult! She refused to obviously eat, or DRINK anything! She didn't pee for almost two days! Finally she did when I was on the phone with her Doctor, asking how long I let this go before we take her in for an I.V. It was scaring me! Her little face was just so sad! She had huge sunken in bags under her eyes and everything! I don't think it was so much of the pain factor as to why she wouldn't drink, but more so that it made her spit up yucky flemmy stuff from her throat healing. We went through so many boxes of tissues and wipes with her laying on the couch and spitting things up into them! After every drink she would use about 5 tissues to wipe up. And have to wipe her mouth for everything! Chris finally bought some baby food and pedialite and would spoon feed her and use a medicine dropper to give her a bunch of pedialite. It was rough! I spent over 3 hours once trying to get her to drink ONE Capri Sun! And still she hardly touched it! It took a toll on me as well! By the end of those days Chris really came home and was BOTH of our heroes! Her medicine was absolutely horrific! And she was such a trooper with taking it! I was so proud of her! I know she hated it so much, but she would suck it up and just do it on her own quickly! She is such a big girl and handled everything really well. We are so glad to have her back to her normal self! :)
It was so cute because she kept wanting popcorn but I told her that it would probably be too scratchy on her throat. The Wednesday that she instantly felt better, she requested it and so we figured we would try it. I told her to just have one piece at a time and chew it up really well. She had a bite and excitedly exclaimed, "It doesn't hurt Mom!!! I am ALL BETTER!!!!" Like popcorn was the final test!
We are glad to have this over and done with! I really think it will be so much better for her now! She is sleeping so much better and is more content to go off and play by herself, which she didn't do very often before. She doesn't snore and more...and I mean at ALL!!!! We can hardly even hear her breathing! She has snored ever since she was a baby. It's always been kind of nice because you could tell when she was asleep! Plus I could hear her snoring from the other room so I would know she was okay! :) So it is taking some getting used to!

So, back to the beginning of February, before we went missing! Grandma Christy and Grandpa Bob spoiled us and came out for a visit for Lucy's birthday! We had such a fun time with them - as usual! Daddy and Grandpa got to go golfing one of the days and the girls got to shop and play! This was taken Sunday morning...hanging out in jammies before church! Watching a movie and cuddling with Grandma and Grandpa and enjoying goodies from Lucy's party the day before! I love this picture because it is so real! Messy hair and all! THIS is what my girls look like most of the time and I LOVE it! Especially Lucy! She is my Pig Pen!

Sadie got all of Grandma Christy's stuff on and was having fun playing! She even has on some of her nylons! :) Look at that pose! Just like Grandma Christy, right!?! :)

Grandma is the best story book reader! Both the girls could sit with her and read for hours! They love it! We went to the library to pick out some books on getting your tonsils out. She would sit and listen to every word!

Sadie had red day at school the day that Grandma and Grandpa left. She picked this out and I though she looked so cute! Plus she even let me DO her hair. Usually she likes to brush it and the she will pick out a head band and put it in. Sometimes adding a clip in there too! :)

Lucy with her "reindeer" from Grandma and Grandpa. Seriously, she is obsessed with those figurines! I don't get it! She LOVES them! She makes them bonk heads and jump like on Bambi.

Awww! What cute girls! They really do love each other so much! I love it! They have so much fun together!

So there you go! Was it everything you dreamed of plus more!?! :) Don't worry, I will be better as I do have lots to blog about! Including belly pictures that Chris took of me!!!! Yay!!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

It was everything I hoped for and more! The girls look so darling and I love Sadie's outfit for red day. She really did that all by herself?!?! Love you guys so much.

Gramma Stewie said...

What a wonderful BLOG! You have a lot going on, so 'no worries' about a haitus from blogging. I enjoyed the pictures and the storyline. Thanks for sharing. And yes, Sadie's little red day outfit is perfect with her TEXAS boots and all! So cute....

Heather Guymon said...

I can't wait to see your cute belly! You are like the perfect pregnant woman seriously. I think you look adorable...im jealous!

Tara said...

Horray, an update! Loved hearing all that's going on...and can't wait to see your belly shots.
Love you!

Susanne said...

So glad that Sadie is better! All the pictures are so cute! And I have been meaning to thank you again for all the newborn photo tips. They helped a TON!

PureDesign said...

You take REALLY good photos. I always try to get decent pictures of Hannah, but either our camera takes too long to take a picture or the moment Hannah hears or sees us get the camera out she stops doing whatever she WAS doing.

Also I never even knew Sadie had to have her tonsils taken out, how sad... I'm glad she is all recovered now though.