Friday, March 20, 2009

Too Fast

My little Lucy is growing up too fast! I am so proud all that she does, but I just wish she wouldn't do them so quickly. It is sad to see her growing out of her baby stages and on to older accomplishments. I miss hearing some of the phrases she would say; like "cake a show-yo" for take a shower. We tried for so long to have her keep saying that! I know, horrible, but it was so cute. We would say it her way and she would smile and crinkle her nose and say, "show-er!" Too cute. I love that she says (and still says :) ) shi-shlops for flip flops. Some of these things, I just don't want to correct.
She now no longer takes a nap. Although I must say, most days by the end of the day she NEEDS one! She clears her plate from the table like a big girl. She loves to ride her scooter out front. She takes such good care of our dog Missy. She loves her big girl bed and is a pro on the potty. She is a jabber-jaws! She loves to talk your ear off. She is very creative and imaginative. I love all her pretend play. It is so cute.
I know that when this baby comes, she is going to seem even more big than she does now! I want to take advantage of my cuddle time with her as she ends her career as "the baby." Although Sadie may disagree at times, but Lucy is no longer a baby!
Here is one thing that she has still hung on to though and we don't know when this will disappear:

She is still sucking those fingers! I remember when she first started this. I kept trying to take pictures of it, thinking I had to capture it. I don't know why I thought it was a fluke thing and that she wouldn't continue to do it, but I did. And here we are, years later and she is still sucking her fingers. Since she has stopped napping, she seems to do it more. It used to be, that I would never see her suck her fingers unless she was laying down for a nap or bed. But now she will do it when she is watching a movie in the middle of the day or cuddling with Mommy or Daddy. She is so sweet! So this was her last Sunday, after watching a movie and resting. She actually fell asleep. She loves to sit on this little bench and be as close as possible to the TV. She is STILL into her movies and LOVES them. She loves to sing along to the songs and can recite many lines from many movies. Not something I am too proud of! :)

She is very sensitive! You can't be very harsh with her or she will just pucker up that bottom lip while trying her hardest not to cry. But the second you acknowledge it, the tears come and she feels so horrible or embarrassed. It is so cute and so sweet just like her!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Awww....I can just FEEL your love for her in this post...and it makes me love her even more. What a sweet girl.
I love how you worded that she is "ending her career as the baby"...you're cute!

Cyndi said...

I can't believe she is getting to be such a big girl...I haven't seen her SO LONG! She is such a sweet girl.

Tricia said...

What a sweet post! I cannot believe how grown up she is and you're right in a few weeks with an infant in your arms she will seem even bigger! Enjoy your BIG baby while you can.

David Stewart said...

All of our grandkids are growing too fast! Hard to believe the first batch is 5 this year and Lucy & Trevor are 3. Tricia will have to get busy to have her next one in the same year as you, Tara & Cyndi :-)

Heather Guymon said...

I am not sure why but this post totally made me tear up! I think I feel the same towards Hannah with this upcoming delivery looming ahead. I totally did the same thing with Hannah and the pronouncing words incorrectly thing. I just LOVED the way she would say things and Shane and I were the ONLY two people that knew what she was saying...so precious! These last 4 years with her have FLOWN by and I am glad that we decided to have another baby because I totally have forgotten all the fun milestones they hit along the way. It's so much fun having her older but I totally miss all the little fun things that made me smile as she was growing up...I am so emotional over this post! LOL thanks a LOT LANAE! HAHA!

I had NO clue Lucy sucked her fingers though!!!! Hannah sucks hers and like you thought it was SO cute and had to snap tons of pics of her doing it over the years.

I can not believe you are SO close to having your baby!!! OMG 3 weeks right!? And WHAT the heck...how did you get your bedding set so dang CHEAP!?!