Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Best 2 months!


Can you believe this little monkey is already 2 and a half months old! I can't even believe it. It has gone by so fast, yet I was thinking the other day that I can hardly even remember being pregnant. Weird! I think your mind has to shut itself off to the pain or else you wouldn't do it again. :) We are just having the best time with our little Daphne. She is so much fun. She is sleeping pretty good. Probably the best out of our girls at this age. I feed her at around 7:30 for the last time at night and she doesn't get up until around 3:00 and goes right back to sleep. Then she'll get up around 7:00, eat again and go back to sleep...depending on our schedule and on how quiet the girls are being! :) So I am pretty proud of her! She has been doing this schedule for a while now too! Yippeee! (But I won't talk about the last two nights! Ughhh so tired!) But with this little face...I am so willing!

She has been a good baby. Once we finally got the Acid Reflux medicine she has been pretty chill. She'll hang out on a blanket and play. She loves her little play mat with toys above her. She'll lay under it and kick her arms and legs around making the toys shake and rattle. She is starting to have lots of fun with it.
She likes to tilt her head to her right side. The Doctor says we need to encourage her to put it to the other side as well so her muscles don't get too tight and lock up. So I try...
She had her 2 month check up and weighed in at 13 lbs. 6 oz. And 24 and a half inches long. Her little shots were so sad, but she did good.
She loves to cuddle with her blankies. She holds them so tightly right by her chest. She loves to have the blanket up by her face and snuggles into it. Obviously on when I have her in her carrier or something where I can keep an eye on her. She loves taking baths! She cuddles down into the warm water and could lay there for hours! So cozy!
She is really starting to interact with us. We ALL adore it! Whenever I am talking to her, the girls come running, "Is she smiling!?!" And they get right up in her face. If she WAS smiling, she usually isn't anymore. I keep telling them to just stay back a little because they are so close that she can't figure out what is right there in her face. Once they step back a bit, she will smile at her sisters! And they LOVE it!
She is my little cuddle bug and I just love her! Sadie and Lucy are usually to busy and crazy to cuddle. So I love that I can cuddle with her whenever I want! I just wish I could more often! :) She is having more awake times and it's fun to interact with her. She is very easy going and just goes with the flow. I think being the 3rd she kind of has to. I feel bad because I feel like she never gets a good nap because I am usually waking her up to put her in her car seat to go somewhere. Whether it be swim lessons, the store, summer camps, dance, whatever! But she is good about it! I just love her!
One night as we were getting the girls ready for bed, I had Daphne all ready and was helping the girls so I laid Daphne on Sadie's bed. After Sadie was ready, she went to go cuddle with Daphne. Of course Daphne was ready to nurse so the second she feels skin she tries to latch on. The girls LOVED it because Daphne was "giving them bedtime kisses!" They thought it was so funny and kept wanting her to give them kisses. After enough teasing, I finally took Daphne to go nurse! Now at night the girls love to have Daphne give them kisses. But I think she is starting to wise up to what is going on. :) (Lucy didn't want her picture taken)
I didn't even get a picture of Daphne with Daddy on Father's Day. These are the only pictures I got! Besides some presents, we made Daddy a special dessert! We had a yummy BBQ and then had these!
I got the idea here: Bakerella
They are just slices of sugar cookies with sugar sprinkled on them for the fries; and a cupcake with frosting and a brownie for the burger and sesame seeds sprinkled on top. They turned out really cute and were not difficult! Obviously since I made them! :) The girls thought they were so cool and tricky! They wouldn't take their picture together...so you get two pictures. Lucy also made this tie for Daddy at church.
Lucy was telling everyone in nursery that it was Mother's Day for her Daddy! Then after church she was telling Chris "Happy Mother's Day!" It was so funny! She is too cute!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Daphne is so cute! I can't wait to hold her in a few weeks. She looks so much like you but then in these pictures she looks a lot like Chris too. Love the sweet bedtime kisses. Darling little girl. I'm glad Chris had a great Mother's Day too!

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness, Daphne is adorable! And two and a half months old already? Doesn't it just fly by?! Sophia will be six weeks this Saturday. Lucky you that Daphne is sleeping so well, though. (Sophia is terrible at night.) LOVE the "goodnight kisses." That is so funny and cute!

Gramma Stewie said...

Dad & I got the biggest laugh out of Lucy's interpretation of "Mother's Day for Daddy"!!!! Oh, that is adorable! (Chris, love the tie...#1 Dad) I have to say in the Dad's day picture of Sadie & Chris....Sadie looks like a girl version of Chris...exactly the same. And Lanae, this it the honest truth: Daphne looks EXACTLY (I mean exactly) like YOU!!! If you were not in the picture too, I would swear it was a picture of YOU!!!! We will have to look at your baby pictures when you are here. Seeing that picture, I would have bet $1,000 that was Lanae in 1979! Absolutely amazing! See you guys soon.....

Gramma Stewie said...

I forgot to say Dad & I LOVED the 'bedtime kisses' that the girls enjoy with their little sister. That picture warms my heart....so sweet, you can feel it!

Anonymous said...

DANG cute family.
-Tom Orme

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is too cute!!! I love Daphne she is so cute, her and Ryder get the shaft on naps. Cute Father's Day pictures, Lucy is too funny always makes me laugh!!!!!!

David Stewart said...

love it. love it all! i can NOT wait to see these little girls!!! seriously, i'm dying waiting.
(love the "mother's day for daddy" that's classic, and will have to be a story told of her forever...too cute!)
i can't believe how BIG daphne is getting. i love your updates with her, and am glad to be able to blog again, so i can start doing that with jace. (thanks inspiration giver lanae!)
love you guys! can't wait to see you!!!

Heather Guymon said...

So so so so cute! It's so weird looking at the pics of Daphne because she started out looking like Lucy to me but the older she gets, she is really starting to favor Sadie in the face! Your girls are all just beautiful! How could they not be with such a hot mama?? =)

Elise said...

You have such beautiful girls! I am glad Chris was a good sport about the whole "Mother's Day" thing! Kids are so funny!

The Dickson Pod said...

Daphne is so beautiful! I am sad that we will probably be out of town for her blessing. I wanted to see your cute family.