Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Texas Summer

Besides taking and editing pictures, we have mostly been at the pool. It has already been such a H.O.T. summer! My girls seriously live in their swimsuits. If we are not at the neighborhood or YMCA pool, they are in the sprinklers, in our blow-up pool in the back yard or at the neighbors on their big blow up water slide. It is hot and you can only consume so many Popsicles, right?

So while the girls are doing a LOT of this:
I am doing a lot of this: Mostly I have to stay in the shade. 1) to keep Daphne out of the sun, 2) it is too stinkin' H.O.T. to be in the direct sun! But this occurrence was from 3:00 to 5:30 and it was actually a nice day...before it got too hot.

And while we are doing that, Daphne has been doing a LOT of this! Poor girl. Don't worry, I am now dressing her in less and of course she has her little fan! She is such a trooper and is already sacrificing for the happiness of her family. She "gladly" gives up her comfy bed and trades it in for a sweaty carrier; just so her sisters can have a little fun!

Usually we try not to cause a scene, but Lucy was turning lots of heads this trip! :) She didn't understand what was so funny as she waddled all the way across the pool, from the bathroom to me, to get help pulling up her wet swim suit! I love that she just doesn't care.
Sadie and Lucy started swim lessons this week, so I am afraid we will be spending even MORE time at the pool now. Sadie has really become a great swimmer. She seems to pick up really quickly on active things like swimming, riding bikes, etc. We are so proud of her!
Lucy has been a little timid with the pool. If she can't touch, she gets scared. But if she can touch, she is a little fish! The first day of lessons, she wouldn't even get in the pool and had to come sit on a towel by Mommy. This is partly my fault, as I have not been able to get in the pool with them. But yesterday I made sure that I did and she has warmed up a lot. She did GREAT with her kicks as I held her hands and she "swam" around the pool. We were so proud and she was so excited to show her swim teacher today.I know the heat won't last forever, thank goodness. But while it is here, we will definitely enjoy ourselves!

7 comments:

Selene said...

That fan is brilliant!

Heather Guymon said...

Oh my gosh I have said it time and time again but I freaking LOVE Lucy! She seriously brightens my day haha! It has definitely been HOT this summer. I think I may die before Connor gets here! HAHA!

Tara said...

Fan idea...smart! (I need to get Jace one.)
Swimsuit & boots...awesome combination.
Sadie the fish...impressive.
Lucy the nudest...priceless.
LOVE YOUR GIRLS! Can't wait to make some fun memories together next month, and spend time together just hanging out!

Tricia said...

Love it! I love a Texas summer with suits and cowboy boots! Looks like you guys are having fun. Maybe you will get tan legs again not having to be in the pool all day! :)

Susanne said...

What fun! I have to say, I'm a little jealous... It's been in the low 60's here for the past month. My poor kids never even get to wear shorts! So I'm looking forward to September/October when it actually gets above 75 degrees here. :-)

Lyndsee Bates said...

This heat is going to last forever!!! Love the pool!!! The girls are way too tan though!!! Hugs!

Gramma Stewie said...

What cute pictures...the TX boots and swimsuit is something I have never seen before....but LOVE!!! Oh, how sweet these little girls are! We miss them so....glad you are getting to spend lots of time at the pool!