Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lucy's big Premiere!

Today was Lucy's 2nd Birthday Party. Since she is such a movie buff we had a Movie Premiere theme! It turned out to be a lot of fun! When everyone came in they got to get their "Swag" and then the parents got their VIP pass to escort their "star." They walked down the red carpet and onto the Walk of Fame and found their name! Here are some of the stars that came to Lucy's party.We had fun visiting and playing a few games. One of them was pass the trophy. If the music stopped while you were holding the trophy then you got a prize (so everyone got a prize!). Here's Lucy excited about getting the trophy=sucker!
You know the song, "It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to?" Well Lucy has NEVER heard of it! She was having a blast! I made a CD of different movie songs and had it playing in the background and she was having so much fun dancing around while everyone was still sitting in the circle from the games...she was totally showing off! Funny girl! Here she is in action! Lucy's was most excited about Bekah (our babysitter) coming! When Bekah got here Lucy just squealed and followed her around saying her name and announcing to Daddy and everyone that Bekah was here! Too cute! After games we had popcorn and watched a "movie." I got that Disney/Pixar Short CD with all their different shorts on there for Lucy. So we watched one of them which is like 5 minutes long - it was perfect!
Then we had nachos for Lunch (Lucy's favorite). Look at that smile! Cheesin' it!

Then we did the pinata. It was so funny because it took SO long for the kids to get all the candy! It was really cute!
But then there was Sadie...the only big girl!
Since I totally spaced getting Lucy a cake, we had a giant snickers ice cream bar for her cake. We figured it matched the Movie theme. She blew the candles out all by herself! We were so proud! Look at those cheeks!





We had such a fun day! After the party was over and I was cleaning and Chris resting (he has been sick and he was SUCH a help during the party), the girls were out back and it was so quiet so I went to check on them. They weren't on the swing set, not on the trampoline so I started to walk down the steps of the deck and there they were sitting on the bottom step just having a little snack! They looked so sweet so I quietly ran and got my camera and what do you know, I made it back in time and quiet enough that they didn't hear me and I got the shot! Woohoo!

You know, I thought Sadie might have a hard time with all the attention focused on Lucy but she did really well. She was really excited about the whole party thing! Although she did have a hard time not opening Lucy's presents, but hey, what kid doesn't!?! We are just all so thankful that Lucy is in our family! I could not imagine life without her sweet little face! She is SUCH a joy and is so happy and loving! It's funny to look back and remember the night before I had Lucy. I was so worried about being able to love BOTH girls adequately and couldn't imagine loving someone else as much as we did Sadie. But now I could not imagine not being together! It is so special to see that we each bring something to the family! I am just so thankful for what Lucy brings...Joy and Love! We love you Lucy Jean!

8 comments:

Julianne said...

SOOOOOOOO CEEEUUUUTE! What a fabulous idea and the pics are just darling. Looks like everyone had a fun time. Wish Carli still new her little friends in CP!

Tricia said...

I'm in denial that she's turning 2. But I can't belive how "big girl" she looks in those pictures! You did an awesome job with that theme, it's perfect for Lucy...and looks like it was a BLAST! Every birthday party we miss, I wish we lived close so we could've been there to enjoy the fun WITH you guys. Glad it was so much fun. (And I love that cute picture of the girls on the step...tender moments!)

Lyndsee Bates said...

She is so sweet, I remeber that night before she was born!!! You were so worried. We had a blast at the party. You always throw the BEST parties! Averee had so much fun. You'll have to send me that picture of Averee with the boa, and I need to send you some I took as well. Fun times, thanks!

Cyndi said...

What an AMAZING party!!! That looks like so much fun...good idea for the theme...I love it! Lucy is so big I cannot believe she will be two on Wednesday. Crazy! I love her dress by the way...and those are such fun pictures! Glad you were able to capture the fun moment between sisters. We miss you and love you all so much!

Heather Guymon said...

Fun.

Tricia said...

Uhhh, I just saw the post for the first time and it says I made a post but I didn't! I'm thinking it was Tara because she was at my house!!! We are so sad we missed such a fun party. Shane is wondering why we didn't get an invitation because then we would have come. He saw the post and said, we missed it! Everything looked perfect. I'm glad you decided to "not go all out!" Lucy looked like the cutest little birthday star too!!!

Gramma Stewie said...

First of all...such sweet words from her mommy at the end of the blog. Brought tears to my eyes. Yes, Lucy is a sweetheart and getting so big now! What a WONDERFUL THEMED PARTY! My goodness, stars with each of their names, an escort down the red carpet, big Elton John sunglasses for the boys and feather boa's for the girls! Magnificent! You can re-do this same party when she is ten and it will be completely different, yet already planned out. You did a super job on her party, Lanae....how fun to have a short video clip to show...popcorn, pinata...they had it all. I LOVE the picture of they girls on the deck steps...those are sweet times, and you caught it! Now, take a breather, Lanae, you deserve it! I was thinking of you guys yesterday wondering how it was going. Looks picture perfect!

Colleen said...

Oh, how cute!!!! I am so sorry that we didn't make it to the party. I was still feeling quite lousy. Then that evening Stuart made me go to some bbqcontest/fair and the smoke about killed my eyes. it was not fun. Anywho. It looks like it was a blast! You are so creative