Thursday, May 08, 2008

Good Friends, Conversations and Screaming!

Every week after dance, we take the girls to Burger King, NOT for the "spectacular" food but for their fun play scape. The girls love it! This has been our tradition (after going to Wendy's - with no play scape and then realizing we didn't need to terrorize their restaurant when there was a play scape right across the street!) with our good friends Lyndsee, Evka and Averee. We look forward to it every week! Me and Lyndsee get to sit and chat (for the most part), and Sadie, Evka, Averee and Lucy get to run around and have a blast! Most of the time we are there to ourselves which is also a bonus! So when we were there on Wednesday, Sadie and Evka were playing so cute together! They both grabbed their usual crown but instead of wearing them on their head, they slung them over their shoulders for their "purses." They have a particular spot in the play scape that is a dead end that they like to play in. They call it their clubhouse. They usually sit at the little tables with Lucy, Averee and Gavin (Lucy and Averee's dance teachers little boy that Lyndsee watches for a little while until Mrs. Colleen comes to get him from Burger King). Today, Sadie and Evka moved their food up to this big table and sat and chatted! They were being SO EXPRESSIVE! I had to bust out my camera! It was hilarious. It was like they were mimicking their mommies talking and having girl time. Too funny. Of course I didn't catch the best part, but you get they point.

Lucy's screaming turned into everyone screaming. Then there was this crazy lady there that would not stop talking to us. Yes, it is a lady. She had the worst smokers voice ever! I thought it was a guy talking at first! Anyway, she kept coming over to the kids and saying things to them but in a really weird, slow motion kind of way. Poor Averee was right by the lady and she was terrified. She kept her head looking towards us but would shift only her eyes to keep her eye on the lady. After the lady walked away I went over to Averee and asked if she wanted down (side note: Lucy and Averee wanted high chairs like Gavin, no we do not still put them in high chairs) and she just looked at me and whined, "Mommy" real quietly! So I helped her out and took her to Mommy where she cuddled! Too cute! Anyway, so then the kids were bugging the lady by completely screaming! It was hilarious! Notice the lady playing with them but telling them to stop! But Evka "peeps" and then they all start at it again! Lyndsee and I were loving it! Such funny girls!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I have tears in my eyes and need to go to the bathroom now! That LADY sounds like John Travolta in Hairpray!!! I wonder where these girls learned to pester people like that! I always remember doing stuff like that with you growing up, but we were much older!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Scary lady!!!! That was so funny!!! Love that you recordered it. Thanks for saving Averee from her nightmare of a "woman" HAHA!!!! Good times!

Cyndi said...

That is funny! I can't believe that that is a woman talking. Looks like a fun time though...it's fun to have those fun traditions.

Heather Guymon said...

Wow what a creepy sounding lady! I would have been scared too!