Thursday, October 09, 2008

It's Over!

Well, for the most part...morning sickness! Seriously this pregnancy has been SO much better than my other ones. I wasn't nearly as sick and it ended so much sooner! So I am glad! As of right now, I have not enjoyed being pregnant though. This first little bit just stinks! You just feel sick and FAT! I won't even say how much weight I have ALREADY gained!! The baby is two inches right now, right!?! Plus because of my scare a couple weeks ago, I can't even workout! I went back to the Dr. on Tuesday hoping I would get the okay to exercise again, but no! I have to wait another 2 weeks until my next appointment! Not helping with the weight gain. For those of you that don't know, I started heavily bleeding a couple weeks ago. I was told to lay low and stay off my feet. So the kids were fending for themselves! I got up to change Lucy's diaper and lay her down for her nap but that was it. Later I started bleeding again and a ton! So we went to the Dr. thinking we had lost the baby. But as soon as they put the ultra sound thing on my tummy we could instantly see the baby moving around and his/her heartbeat was great! YEAH! They think a pocket of blood formed when it was attaching to the uterine wall or maybe it attached too close to a blood vessel. It finally worked its way out. Crazy! We are so relieved that everything is okay! And praying that it will remain that way! So as long as I have a healthy baby I am happy and am willing to get fat! :)
Since I haven't been as sick this time, everyone is saying it is a boy. When I went in to the Dr. on Tuesday I told the Dr. that we want to find out the sex, so if she can tell, don't be shy! I am only 12 weeks so obviously we couldn't tell yet. So we'll have to wait and see! But maybe I have just gotten better at knowing what my body needs! Or I found a better multi-vitamin! I took one from the Dr. for a few days and the two days I took it I felt HORRIBLE! So I stopped, and I felt better! Anyway, it has been funny to notice the different things that are main staples for me during my pregnancies. With Sadie and Lucy, I had to have eggs a lot! Yes, Twilight fans, Bella copied me! ;) Now with this one,

Milk! If I start to feel yucky I either have a nice glass of milk or a go-gurt and my tummy is settled! But the go-gurts have to be frozen! YUMMY! And for the first tri-mester, cheerios! Whether it be plain or honey nut! Delicious! So I am glad for these things that have gotten me through the yucky times! They are precious to me! Oh, the joys of being pregnant! We can't wait for this little one to join or family!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

You are so funny, I thought the same thing when reading about Bella because that is what you always liked when pregnant! I was a lover of milk too. I wish I could have been there for you a few weeks ago, but I'm glad everything is ok. Can't wait to meet this little one!

Tara said...

(I hate it when I read other people's comments first. Because if it's all the stuff you were thinking, all you can NOW think if is exactly how they said it.) So can I just ditto everything Tricia said?
You loving eggs (first) was the first thing I thought of when I was reading that about Bella. And with you liking milk, and Tricia liked milk...she's got boys. So I'm jumping on the "It's a Boy Team." I can't wait until you find out!!!
And I'm so glad you have friends where you could just call them at the drop of a hat and have them help you out like you needed when you're scare happened. As family, I wish I could've been there for you. LOVE you!
P.S. -I haven't tried go-gurt frozen, but it sounds yummy. I think I'm going to throw a few in the freezer right now.

Heather Guymon said...

Oh my goodness Lanae. I had NO idea! Hello...if I would read your blog more often huh? I am SO glad that everything is OK now. You SO do not look fat, you look beautiful. Every woman glows when pregnant. I love the look. I hope you have a little boy this time!! How fun would THAT be!?!

Jodi said...

I am so not trying to get your hopes up for a little boy, but I was much sicker when I carried Jillian then when I was pregnant with Jackson. I think it is a boy vs. girl thing. So maybe it is a boy!?!

Gramma Stewie said...

Soooo glad to hear the 'sickies' are behind you now! That is always wonderful...the second trimester is the best, isn't it? You continue to take good care of yourself...get lots of REST! Your body is 'running a marathon' making that sweet baby. 143, Mom