Friday, October 10, 2008

A New Do

When we got Lucy's hair cut this summer Sadie had been talking about getting her hair cut short too. But when we were there she still wanted it long so we just trimmed it. She has kept talking about getting it cut short but is more adamant about it whereas before she would want it short one day and long the next. She is SO picky about her hair (and clothes) that I was hesitant to cut it, fearing she would want it long again. But I have told her a few times about the process and that she wouldn't be able to do braids or ponytails or anything. And that it will grow back but it will take a long time. But it is fun to have a change. I understand! So every time we talked about it, she said she DID want to cut it short. So we went today and made the plunge! Here she is on our way in before:Drama: the sun was in her eyes! I even had her come in the shade. Lucy thought Sadie was posing so she had to put her arm up too.Notice even though she is turned around her arms are still up! Silly Girl!The BIG cut!! She couldn't stop giggling after the lady did that and she saw! She was concerned that there were still long pieces, thinking that the hair cut was done!She did NOT like her braided hair! I showed it to her and she wanted to hold it and as we were leaving, she threw it away! Then later at home she took it out of the braid! "I didn't want it in a braid anymore!" Still particular when it isn't even attached to her head! Doesn't she look so cute though!Seriously, SO CUTE!! And can I have her highlights!?!! Lucky girl!So the second we get to the car, she asks if I can put it in a pony tail!! UGH! And then when we got home, she put a hat on and didn't take it off until bath time. But with Daddy home and him saying how much he loves it, I think she has warmed up to it! And after not needing detangler after the bath!! WooHoo!!! My only beef, she is going to be Alice in Wonderland for Halloween! I should have waited. Oh well, I didn't even think about it until after! She will still be the cutest Alice ever! :)

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Adorable haircut- what a little lady!

Heather Guymon said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!! Lanae! It is SOOOOO cute on her!!!!! It TOTALLY fits her personality! I am jealous. I want to chop Hannah's off like that but Shane won't LET me! LOL

The Wach Family said...

SOOOOO cute!!!

Tricia said...

I just love her and her little personality! I think Trevor is the boy version of her! Her hair looks so daring and yes I want those highlights! I love that she had to take the braid out even though it wasn't on her head. Silly girl.

David Stewart said...

Very cute! Wish we could see it in person.

Grandpa

Tara said...

She looks so stinkin' cute. I guess it doesn't matter HOW her hair looks, she'll always be beautiful.
That cracks me up that she took it out of the braid. That's so Sadie!
Love her!

Lyndsee Bates said...

LOVE IT, it looks so stinkin' cute!! Her hair truly was so long!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Colleen said...

Nice! I bet she feels like such a big girl!

Gramma Stewie said...

Sadie, YOU LOOK ADORABLE with your new hair cut! I LOVE IT and hope you do too! What a cute style on you....Gramma Stewie LOVES you!

Note to Mom: Her hair is nice and thick, isn't it? Looks like it has lots of body and holds the styling. Good choice of style! I wish I could hug her. (and all of you)

laurdacooj said...

she is so cute... and so big with that big girl hair cut! I love her hair color:)... pretty girl!