Saturday, October 04, 2008

Patience

As a mother of two crazy little girls, this is a trait that I am continuously struggling with and praying for more of! I have realized this more, as I am learning that patience is a trait that Lucy is JUST learning! And as she is learning it, she is testing mine!!
We will be in the car and she will ask for her drink or one of her two "precious" Belle Princesses (notice you can see them in the picture above!). Since I am driving, usually just backing up, because she instantly becomes needy of things the second we start moving, I can't get them for her right away. So I say, "Okay Lucy, just a minute." She then continues to ask and whine for whatever it was she was asking for like I hadn't said anything at all to her! So I answer her again, "Okay Lucy, just a minute." With each time she asks, I get more stern (not so patient) with my answer! She doesn't stop until she gets what she was asking for! (Patience Mommy!)
Her other famous words right now are, "Just a minute." Every time I ask her to do something or come here or lets get out of the car, she answers, "Just a minute." And she does it in the cutest "sing - song" voice! But when she says "just a minute" it does not mean just a minute. She just keeps doing what she is doing and has no intentions of listening to any one's request! Once again, patience! Like whenever we are getting in or out of the car, she has to get in the back row and buckle all the seat belts, or some other necessity that HAS to be done before we go! But even though she is testing my patience, I just can't get enough of her. She is so fun and so silly! She just came in with an oven mitt on her hand and said, "Mommy, hi-five mac-n-cheese?" Which means Chuck E Cheese. Our girls are always just brave enough to give Chuck E Cheese a hi-five, they get to touch him but still have their distance by Mommy or Daddy. Whenever Lucy puts a glove or anything on her hand she asks everyone to give mac-n-cheese a high five and I love it!
Even though there are moments of frustration, I would not trade any of it for the world! I am glad that I have such cute teachers to help me learn the things I need to learn! Right now, that is patience. I have a feeling I will be working on this one for a LONG time! But I am ready!

Taken by Sadie this morning at McDonald's. We went for breakfast so Daddy could sleep! He has been working late EVERY night this week and then Sadie keeps coming in our bed at night and she "snuggles" with Chris. Translation: kicks, hits and lays across! She is the roughest sleeper ever! So, he hasn't gotten much sleep lately!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Awwww, how could you resist that cute girl! Love the dress did someone make it? I'm glad you are learning patience something I always lack when I'm pregnant. I miss that cute little girl- give her a kiss for me!

Jodi said...

Glad to see I'm not the only mom praying for patience.

From what I can see, your girls are amazing little people with an amazing Mom leading the way! Keep plugging away and choosing to remember the best moments in life.

Heather Guymon said...

HAHAHA oh man Hannah and Sadie must be the same person then. She is a psycho sleeper. You end up with feet and hands all up in your business when she's in the bed with you...annoying!

And for the record I happen to find you one of THE most patient people ever...so um yeah...I think you are doing a great job of that whole patience thing hahaha...

Gramma Stewie said...

Lucy might be in patience Pre-K and you are in Patience-305 (like the college class numbering higher level courses). You are taking the same 'class' but on different ends of the continum. Life is interesting like that...it helps us understand each other, doesn't it? Such cute sayings to document forever in this post. Life is good!