Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Watch out Mary Lou!

The girls took Gymnastics for a little while this last summer and have since been asking when we are going back to gymnastics! I finally gave in and signed them back up. We started last week and they are loving it! Every time we go to the gym they ask if we are going to gymnastics. We go on Mondays, and Lucy kept asking the next day if we were going. I told her we are going next week. I cannot tell you how many times she told Sadie, "Sadie, we go to gymnastics next week." They are so funny. They both LOVE learning new tricks so it is perfect! I also love it because now Lucy is old enough to go by herself. In the summer it was a Mom and Tot class and she was just a little too old and wanted to do everything and it got to be a little much for me to chase her around the entire time. Not something I really want to pay for. This time, they go at the same time and Lucy is good to go by herself so I can sit back and watch! It's nice!
This is them on their first day. They were so excited to "match." They got matching sparkly gymnastics shorts, had to do their hair the same, both wearing jackets with polka dots, and they both wore their red flip flops. They loved it! I can't say that they matched on their own though, but they had fun! (Lucy found a feather too!)
Waiting for class to start! So excited! Of course Lucy is being a spazz! She is so funny and is always making us laugh!
Sadie is getting so grown up and mature. I love to watch her interact with others; a little shy and so cute. I love that she understands about taking roll, following directions, and taking turns.

Lucy does not understand (or should I say have the patience for) taking turns. She is so funny! She just wants to keep going and get as much out of it as possible. She does follow directions pretty well but I have caught her a couple times joining in with another class doing their rotation of tricks! She is so funny!(Sorry, the pictures are yucky. I only had my little camera and was taking the pictures through the window so I didn't get that many)

7 comments:

Tricia said...

You are a nice mom and not letting their undies hang out like we did when we were little Mary Lou's!! I'm dying at how much Lucy is enjoying this! He face is classic in each picture. The last picture cracks me up with her on the bars!

Tara said...

Can I just ditto Tricia's comment? (I hate it when I read other people's comments first, and it's some of the same stuff I was going to say. But I still get sucked in and read them.)
Yeah, Jon and I have been trying to figure out what to have Allie do. Soccer, dance, gymnastics but with preschool 4 times a week, it's already a lot. But seeing how much BOTH your girls enjoy this really makes me want to look into finding something that Allie can do, and be proud of what's she's learned to do.
Seriously, Lucy's facial exprssions are awesome...I love them! And the fact that she's sneaking in on other classes rotations to get a turn faster is CLASSIC.
SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing.

Cyndi said...

Your girls are SO lucky to have such a fun mom like you! I love that they enjoy each other and want to match on the first day...how cute is that! I can't wait to see some of their fancy tricks, you will have to catch some of them on video soon.

Gramma Stewie said...

What darling granddaughters we have! Boy did those pictures give me a flash back....big time. I remember when we first moved to Ventura we signed you girls up for gymnastics....and I sat there and watched: wow, time flies. It is adorable that they wanted to match, and the purple sparkle pants are awesome! Wish they had those back then, but you girls were so cool in your leotards...and I told you that you don't wear underwear with leotards (like swimsuits), but YOU girls WOULDN'T LISTEN....quote went something like this: "that's gross, Mom"....and you proceeded to make your OWN choice and wear those undies that slipped out the leg top to hang out and show in the pictures I took. And THAT is the whole story. Enjoy how "mom is always the one 'who did it"....cuz you are next! :) NOTE: since you can't hear my voice in email: read this in fun tones,silly....not angry tones. Just fun-nun you....Tricia. "Memories" :)

Lyndsee Bates said...

They look so cute!!! Gymnasitcs is so fun and what a joy not having to participate!!! A little time alone is always so nice, even if it is sitting in a hallway for 30 minutes!!!

Heather Guymon said...

Lucy is definitely a little spaz!! She cracks me up seriously. Thanks again for the invite yesterday and that Hannah was being a total pooper! She fell asleep seriously in less than 5 minutes at bedtime and slept till almost 9 this morning so I know she was just overly tired...of course she is a fart to begin with so that mixed WITH the being tired means FUN for me ha.

Heather Guymon said...

By the way your mother in law IS such a sweet heart seriously!! She is so adorable and just gets right in there with the kids.