All this week I have been doing the dance photo shoot again. It is always a busy crazy week. I was really anxious about it before the week started. I think the pressure of it all on top of having a newborn, was the culprit. But it is going pretty well. The biggest issue we have faced is Daphne not taking a bottle. She will hold out sometimes until I get home! Chris will usually eventually be able to get some food in her. My friend Lyndsee told us a trick of feeding her while she is in her carrier or something and we tried it yesterday with success! (maybe she is relating being held with nursing) But, on the bright side, her stubbornness has pushed her to do longer stretches at night. :) Tuesday night I got home at around 9 and fed her and then laid her down around 9:30. She didn't get up until 6:30!! That was after I had woken up around 6:15, got nervous and went to check on her. Felt her tummy to feel if she was breathing and went back to bed. So I could have been the one that woke her up! So yesterday there is one morning dance class and instead of having the sitter come, I just brought the girls with me. So while we were waiting for everyone to get there and get ready I figured I would snap a couple pictures of the girls and especially Daphne - since I haven't gotten many pictures of her. Come on, I am a third child...you think I would be better but I haven't!
I didn't want to adjust the lighting and stuff so it isn't the best because they were right on the floor rather than up a bit. But it works. None of them were even ready for the day - for picture standards; but once again, it is a crazy week. I am in my pajamas as I am typing this and same with the girls. Well, besides Sadie since she has to get herself dressed the second she gets out of bed. But she is wearing a skirt that was already worn and left on her floor and a shirt that doesn't match.
Today is our last day! Then I will be planted in front of my computer for weeks editing and ordering pictures. And once they come...packaging! It's a lot of work but I am really enjoying the escape from constant Motherhood. A different form of challenge.
I also have Sadie's birthday coming up that I need to get on top of. Ahhh! Sorry Sadie, but I don't think this years party will be up to par!
Anyway, here is sweet little Daphne!


She is getting so big. The past few days she has REALLY started to smile. I am - WE are ALL loving it! The girls are constant trying to get her to smile! But as of now it is hit or miss. After a nap and food she is usually good to go and ready for social hour! A couple weeks ago she started giving us an occasional half smile, still figuring it out. But now she really understands the interaction more. It was so cute. On Tuesday, I got Lucy dressed and Lucy was really excited about her dress. So she stood up on her bed to show Daphne, as I was holding Daphne. Lucy did a little twirl and asked Daphne if she liked her dress and Daphne gave her a huge smile and held it for a long time! It was so cute! And then she was trying to coo a lot! She was "talking" up a storm. We were loving it!



She is getting so big. The past few days she has REALLY started to smile. I am - WE are ALL loving it! The girls are constant trying to get her to smile! But as of now it is hit or miss. After a nap and food she is usually good to go and ready for social hour! A couple weeks ago she started giving us an occasional half smile, still figuring it out. But now she really understands the interaction more. It was so cute. On Tuesday, I got Lucy dressed and Lucy was really excited about her dress. So she stood up on her bed to show Daphne, as I was holding Daphne. Lucy did a little twirl and asked Daphne if she liked her dress and Daphne gave her a huge smile and held it for a long time! It was so cute! And then she was trying to coo a lot! She was "talking" up a storm. We were loving it!





9 comments:
Daphne is SOOOOOO cute! And I know what you mean about not getting as many pictures with the third. I've really been trying, but Sophia doesn't even have half as many pictures as I took of Kaitlyn at this age. The only consolation is that I'm a much better photographer now than I was five years ago. Hopefully Sophia will appreciate that someday. :-)
I can hardly wait to see her next month! I have the cutest grandkids!
Love
Grandpa
She is so cute and I love that blanket! ;) I love that she smiles and talked to Lucy. Sisters and clothes are always a bond! Hang in there and get some sitters so you can edit during the day! I can't believe she already sleep so good at night. I hope you are getting a good night sleep as I type. Love you.
awesome. she's so cute. i can't wait to meet her in person!!!
horray for those moments when they learn to smile...those are the BEST! (having recently gone through those myself, i remember exactly how awesome they are.)
cute little pictures! fun.
You have the most beautiful kids! I had to chuckle about you checking to make sure Daphne was breathing...when my first two kids slept through the night for the first time, I ran in thinking they were going to be dead. When Lauren (my third child) slept through the night the first time I woke up worried she was dead then thought, "well if she is dead, she'll still be dead in an hour" and I went back to sleep. I was just so tired and knew if I checked on her she would probably wake up and I wouldn't get back to sleep and if she were dead, I'd be too upset to go back to sleep! :) I know that's terrible and thankfully she's alive and happy at age 8!
OMG that is SO sweet!! Way to go on doing the photo shoot Lanae!! You are a super woman!
Daphne looks so bright eyed in that first picture. Those pictures just make me want to smother her with my gramma kisses! And the girls look so big in that first, darling, picture! Sadie has a more grown up look that she did just a couple of months ago...wow, how do they do that? I can't wait to see you all, soon!!!! Good luck on all your photo editing stuff, I know you are BUSY with that!
Halli, your post made me laugh...spoken with such a reality of thought (and YOU needed that sleep, for sure) Cute story!
Your girls are gorgeous! Daphne is a doll!
Post a Comment