I can't believe how big she is getting! She is my big helper and is always willing to help out! She is a great big sister and always keeps tabs on her younger siblings! She is so thoughtful and so good with them.


A little blurry but she flashed a cute little smile!
She did so well. It was so cute to see her up there being so little and all! Good job Lucy!
Next up was Sadie! She finally got to do a tap routine! They do a combined tap and ballet class and every year has done a ballet routine for the recital. So she was excited to do tap. She was so funny up there. At first she had this giddy smile going, like she is getting old enough now to realize what this is all about and that a lot of people are out in that darkness watching her. It was cute. Here is her little embarrassed smile! :)

I love the tongue sticking out as she is concentrating!
Here's the tongue again. This was a tricky move. Jump up and click your feet together. Great job girls!
They had so much fun and did a great job. They always love doing their recital and talk about it for so long after wanting to do it again!
Since life has been crazy with having a baby and then the dance photo shoot, I gave in and let Sadie have a Hannah Montana party. I always thought with that I could just do a rock star party and through in a little Hannah, but for the ease of it all, I did a full blown, tacky Hannah Montana party. Even down to the cheesy invitations!!! I swore I would NEVER do that! I guess there are worse things! :)


They started off dancing around on the "stage" while everyone was arriving. The stage was our formal dining. Then the formal living is right across from it that we set up a bunch of chairs and stuff for the to watch and be the audience.
Then we decorated some leather "rock star" cuffs and each girl got a stripe or two of pink or blue coloring in the hair. They LOVED that! Then we played pass the microphone and when the music stopped, whoever had the inflatable mic got to dance and put on a performance. Being the birthday girl, Sadie had to be first and boy did she love the audience.


Here is her audience: Lucy, Evka, Lexi, Cassandra, Kenzie, Reese, Brooklynn, Janae.
Sadie was being SO supportive of her friends. Shouting out praises and ideas of moves they could do. It was so cute!
Lucy was LOVING the attention and had no reservations. I think having this party after their recital was perfect! I love this sassy look!
A friend of mine has the kids get the presents they brought and hold it until it is their turn to bring it up. It helps with crowd control up by the birthday girl. This way you can actually see the birthday girl as she opens presents, instead of the back of kids heads! As Sadie opened her presents, she would call on each person to come and bring up their present. She would stop and tell them to raise their hands! Too funny.
She lucked out and got a LOT of cool stuff!
She has been begging for a Hannah Montana wig for SO long, so we finally got her one! But she was so embarrassed about it! She didn't even put it on long enough for me to take a picture.
For a rock star party I had to get the candles the spark! She got a little scared by the first spark! But then she liked it! It was cool!
They breezed through the pinata and then wanted to go through their goody bags. They were so cute looking through them. It was fun for me to see the kids enjoying the stuff. Usually we hand them out on their way out the door so I don't get to see their excitement.
Notice the pretty makeup! What pretty rock stars!Evka, Sadie, & Lexi
Cassandra, Janae, & Brooklynn
They were so funny! They got little cell phones with lip gloss in them and they were all talking on their cell phones to each other! So cute!
This was their beginning pose for a dance! So funny!
This party was SO low key on my part...but the kids had a blast and really enjoyed it. I let them run the show for the most part and they LOVED it! Especially Sadie, and that is what matters most! Sadie, we love you and are so proud of you!!! These past 5 years have been the best in our lives!





2 comments:
So cute- sometimes the cheesy parties are the best! Sorry we missed it!
Sounds like so much fun! I know you weren't stoked about the Hannah Montana part, but it looks like everyone had a great time, and that Sadie loved it...and that's what matters most right?!?
Glad you had a good birthday Sadie! We are sad that we don't live closer and get to come to all your fun parties. WE LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment