We dropped Sadie off at school this morning and she is there as we speak! Our first baby, already in school!!! Here she is all ready for her first day of Kindergarten! 

She did so great! She fit the part and was such a big girl! She has been known to get emotional lately so I was a little worried. But I talked to her before and told her how she is a big kid going to school with all the other big kids...(so no tears)! She was great! She didn't even ask me to be the first to pick her up! She loved saying goodbye to each of us individually: Mommy, Daddy, Lucy and Daphne. She was proud of herself for being the big girl and staying! And we are SO proud of her too! Last night she was nervous and had a hard time going to sleep. She first wanted Daddy to cuddle with her for a little bit (which isn't unusual) but then wanted me to read her some books a little later. Then she wanted to sleep with Lucy (who was already asleep) so she went in and cuddled with Lucy. Then she was crying because she heard a noise - a book was making a little rattle sound on the book shelf from the AC being on. Finally she fell asleep. This morning came too quickly!We are excited that she gets to go to a new school that is right in our neighborhood. Normally we will ride bikes but today we drove since we ALL went.

She was so cute and posed by this display. I remember when we first went to register her she got so excited about this display! :)

Her Teacher Ms. Bridgeman! But only for a few more weeks and then she will be Mrs. Little since she is getting married! Sadie is excited about that and thinks "Little" is funny. "Like Stuart Little at Grandma's house!" I have heard nothing but great things about her teacher so I am really excited!
Look at that big girl! She got to pick a cubby for her back pack. (She picked out this back pack which is a messenger bag. I was a little concerned about it with riding to school and everything, but she insisted! Stubborn like her Mommy! :) But even just walking from the car to school she was already a little frustrated with it! So we might be getting a different back pack!)
She found her name tag - which she will decorate later her teacher said - and put it on. She picked a picture to color and found a seat next to a cute little red headed girl! But one seat away because of nerves. :) We said our happy good byes and we were off!
They had donuts in the cafeteria for Moms and Dads. We had a quick donut and a lesson for Lucy about kids with disabilities (she got scared by a little boy in a wheel chair and was crying!) but once she understood that he was the same on the inside and had a Mommy and Daddy too, she was good to go.
So we made it to this long awaited day! I didn't even cry! I choked back a few tears as we were walking up to the school but that is it! I was a big girl too! We will keep you posted on how she liked her first day at school! We love you Sadie and we already miss you!





4 comments:
I'm proud of you too for being a big girl! What a day. I love each and every picture. Sadie is all smiles and so proud, I love it! Great job on the first day of school Sadie. You'll have to call Shane and tell him all about it!
Very proud of you Sadie! Such a big girl! Good funny face Lucy!
Grandpa Stewie
I can't believe you didn't cry. I had to choke back tears just READING this and thinking I'm doing this in a few more days!
She looks so cute and big!
Great pictures.
Sadie, we are so happy to see you enjoy your new BIG GIRL school! You look so happy and cute! I especially LOVE the picture of you just below the front door! You look like a model to me. Seeing Chris and Sadie with the school in the background brings back a flood of memories to me, did it to you? I remember the excitment of those first day of school pictures etc. Wow, and YOU the Mom now....how did that happen? Nice touch, donuts for the parents....and great teaching moment (Mom) for Lulu...I like how you put it. Wish we were there to enjoy you all and you special times.
Post a Comment