Seriously, where has the time gone? I always LOVE the 6 month stage, but that came too quickly. When people say they have a 6 month old I think, "awww, cute little smiley baby." Not "awww, look at that sweet little newborn." And that is how I want Daphne to be for just a little longer. Please!?! Although I must say, she is definitely a cute little smiley baby! I just love her to pieces! She is very into faces! She loves to look at expressions and loves to grab and claw at any and all facial parts! She absolutely A.D.O.R.E.S. her big sisters!!! She kicks and flaps her arms and squeals and giggles when she sees them! She can be completely crying as we are waiting to pick Sadie up from school and when Sadie gets in the car and gives her kisses and sits behind her, she will stop and giggle!
She is starting to really notice our dog Missy. She loves to watch her, touch her, and share her food with her. Speaking of food, Daphne is quite the eater. She will down practically anything you give her which makes it nice for Mommy. She is also very vocal when she eats. It is hilarious. Maybe it is because that's a good long portion of time when she has my complete attention (poor third child!). But in between bites she will grunt and squeal and blow bubbles and tell me all sorts of stories. I love it!She loves pulling the girls hair even though they don't like it very much. But they are VERY patient with her. They absolutely LOVE to be big helpers and help take care of her.
Daphne is starting to sit up but is still cute and wobbly. But the main thing that has happened is she has outgrown her carrier! SO SAD! No more portable naps! Being the third child she is always lugged around everywhere. In her carrier she could at least stay asleep as we are getting in and out of the car and to different places. Now...she gets woken up after falling asleep in the car for 5 minutes. :( This just has to mean that I need to slow down and little and not commit myself to too much.
But boy has Daphne had some good times in her carrier! Here are just a few of those times:
Que the music... ;)
Home from the hospital. 4/16/2009
Trip to the Dentist. 5/8/2009Good bye dear carrier friend. We loved all of our times together. We will miss you! :)



Fourth of July 7/4/2009













4 comments:
I'm not looking forward to Sophia growing out of her carrier, either!! I know it'll be soon. She's in the 90th percentile for height! *sigh* If only we could figure out a way to slow down time!!!
That cracks me up! That old carrier will be missed! I always love 6 months too but it's sad to thinking how much she is growing so fast too! Give her some kisses from Aunt Tricia!
so funny to see all the pictures of her in her carrier! it's like she's losing a dear friend.
she is getting so big! just reminds me how much bigger jace is. :( what happened to our tiny little newborns? they grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!
At the rate Connor is going we will be there by next month! It will definitely be sad to see it go for sure.
Post a Comment