Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Movin' on Out

We have recently had to swallow our pride, and make a decision that wasn't the most fun for us, but one that is a good decision for our family. We have sold our beautiful home. The home that we built and made TONS of changes to, to fit US will now benefit another family. It took a lot of prayers and strength, but we did it and, although there are moments, it feels good. Like we can breath again. We can enjoy each other more and not stress so much about the unimportant things.
Chris has a great job. It is 100% commission. With the struggling economy it has put a dent in his income. He still makes plenty for us, but we just had to adjust our bills to fit into the changes that have happened. Although when we built this home we were living easily within our means, it has been a learning experience for us. We don't need all the fancy things, especially with young kids. I realize now that having those nice things added stress to our daily lives because we didn't want the kids to ruin them, for example the forbidden wood floors. :) Once we finally made the decision, it felt good! GREAT! We looked forward to the move.
With a lot of hard work we listed and showed the home, and after only two days we got our first offer! Two days later we got an even higher offer. We were very happy. We packed everything up and the day came to move! It was a lot of work but we got it done! We said our goodbyes to our home. It was sad to see it empty. This is the first time selling a home has been sad for me. So many fun times that are hard to separate from. But we did it and it is good. We are getting settled and are excited for the change. The girls are having fun and love being able to meet new neighbor friends.
We were so lucky to have Grandma Christy come to help us move! She is always willing to drop everything to come and help us out. We are so thankful for her! We could not have done it with out her. We did get to have some fun times when she was here too. We went to lunch with Sadie and that was lots of fun!

So we have been busy and blogging has been pushed aside. But I will get back into it...I promise.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Welcome back to blogland! I love your moving pictures. Glad you are in your new home and happy. Everything worked out for the best. I am shocked at Christy's salad on her hot lunch tray! WOW!

Tara said...

Love that you took the time to take pictures of moving...seriously, I didn't even know where my camera WAS.
So glad that Christy was able to come out and help you guys...isn't it great to have such a great mother-in-law?
LOVE you guys!

Heather Guymon said...

I bet that was SO hard for you guys. I was so shocked when you told me. It's wonderful to know that there is less stress in your lives now though. That is a GREAT feeling in and of itself. Post pics of the new house though! I bet you have it set up all cute!