Tuesday, January 12, 2010

7 AND 8 Months

7 Months
This little monkey is such a joy!! She is such a great baby! She adapts to anything that is thrown at her on any given day. She really is a blessing to our family! I know how much happiness she brings to Chris and I and it is SO fun to see how much her sisters absolutely adore her!!!

She has learned to sign milk which came at a hard time. At 7 months stopped nursing! Seriously just a little after she learned that. I felt horrible. The second day of no more nursing, I was handing her over to the Day Care lady at the gym and Daphne had the biggest sad face and was signing milk! I almost cried right then and there! Honestly, she did great transitioning to a bottle. After she realized she can get satisfied the same by a bottle she was fine! I even nursed her one more time after a couple days to ease my (physical and emotional) pain, and she didn't even seem too excited by it! That made me feel better! She loves her bottles now and knows that milk just comes in a different container. :)
8 Months
Daphne's personality is really shining through! She does the cutest expressions! She is a funny girl and loves to tease. She learned to shake her head "no" and she knows she is funny when she does it! I just love it! She also started clapping. So she will clap and then shake her head no. All the while, she has the cutest sly grin on her face!
We finally went to the Pedi Dermatologist about her little birth mark on her leg which turned out to be a form of a port wine stain. It's really light and comes and goes, so my Dr. wanted it looked into to be safe. No worries here. Her skin is also marbled which you can see in the picture. But that is very common and nothing to worry about. Lucy was that way too I think. I just thought it was because she had fair skin. But oh my goodness, Daphne's thighs are to die for! She really is a chunky monkey and I just LOVE it!
We love our sweet little Daphne and really enjoy all that she brings to our family! She is such a sweet little girl!

PS - for all you friends that are into photos, notice the 7 month compared to the 8 month. 7 month shot in auto, while 8 month shot in manual. It makes a difference!! :)

4 comments:

Susanne said...

She is so darling! I ♥ chunky babies. :-)
And I totally agree about manual... it makes such a huge difference. I can't believe I went so many years shooting in auto. SO MANY pictures that could have been a thousand times better!

Tricia said...

She is as cute as ever! I love the chuncky little legs she has! I cannot believe how big she is getting.

Elise said...

She is such a cutie! I love how each of your girls has their own look, but they definitely look like sisters. So fun!

Tara said...

so do you want to teach me how to "go manual" because WOW...it makes a beautiful difference.

your little chunky monkey is a-dor-able!!! that close up is my favorite! i can't wait to see her again and see more of her little personality!!! YAY, I'm so excited!!!!!!!