Friday, February 22, 2008

Top TEN

So I have seen this on a few friends sites and Michelle challenged everyone to do it, so I am stepping up. Can I say that this is SO hard! I QUICKLY looked through pictures and started plucking a few out and by the time I was done I had over 30! So I cut that in half and so I am doing my top 15! It makes me so sad to cut some though! But, here they are, in no particular order.
So this picture, I didn't find until forever after I took it! I was looking through old pictures and fell in love with it! I just LOVE her eyes! They are so blue!
Here in TX it will just start raining and it is totally warm outside. I think this was when we were potty-training Sadie so we were inside and she was naked and it started to rain. She wanted to play in the rain. This shot was too good to pass up.
Tricia and I took our kids to the beach during low-tide to get the cool rocks. We had JUST spray-painted an old chair of my Mom's and it was still a little wet but we didn't want to miss the tide! It didn't get on their clothes or anything but it was kind of sticky. I love how her toes are stretched out and her cute little laugh!
Every time I see this picture I laugh! Sadie was SO funny with these ducks. I did an Easter photo shoot and had I think 8 little ducks (don't worry I took them back to the store after the weekend - against the girl's wishes!) and Sadie became the keeper of the ducks! Every new photo shoot she would be in charge of getting the ducks out of their box and putting them back. She got a little too comfortable handling them. But this picture just makes me laugh with Sadie being silly and putting the duck on Lucy's head and Lucy being SO into the animals...of course!
Ha Ha, I am counting this as one! The girls cuddling on our bed! I LOVE these! We were outside while Sadie was running in the sprinklers and I got this cute moment with Lucy and Daddy! I love it!
And one of Sadie while she was running in the sprinklers, I don't know what she stopped and stared at, but I have always LOVED this picture of her! Love the messy hair, everything!
Little Lucy with a perfect little expression!
One of my all time favorites!
I don't know what it is about this, but I adore it! The only thing is I wish I didn't crop them out as much because it looks like Lucy is touching Sadie's face in a sweet little way. Sweet sisters!

It is so difficult to get pictures of them together so I do enjoy this one! At Zilker Park in the pillowcase dresses.
I have always LOVED this! This is Sadie and Chris. I love how little she looks in his arms. To me this picture is all about Fatherhood; love, protection, comfort. I just LOVE it!
This is childhood to me. So carefree and fun!
Sorry for those with a weak stomach, I did it in black and white so you couldn't see blood, but I love this picture! It is of Sadie right after she came out of my tummy! Chris, of course, took it and I just love it! I think it is the coolest picture, the lighting, everything!
Lucy, the day after she was born. We were still in the hospital. I love how peaceful she looks. I love how the nurse tied the hat like that! Too cute.
There you go! Yeah I did it! That was fun! I have been wanting to update my blog but I have been so sick! So running to get the camera or remembering to bring my camera somewhere has not been on my mind. Chris and I BOTH got the full-blown flu this weekend! It was horrible! We had no one to take care of us because we were both sick! Needless to say, the girls watched A LOT of TV this weekend! And the upstairs toy room was ThrASHED! On top of the flu I had a respiratory virus! Either one would have taken me out but having them both together has been rough! (to say the least!) The Dr. said they are both going around and I was lucky enough to get them both! NICE! So Chris and I spent the weekend on the couch and running to the bathroom to throw-up. And at 3am Chris was fortunate enough to miss the toilet! So we spent the wee small hours of the morning cleaning up his vomit in between running to the toilet! It was SO NOT fun! So Chris was feeling better and just took a half day off work on Monday. I am feeling better too. I think Tuesday I started to feel better. But Lucy has been so sweet! She would bring me things to cuddle with while I was laying on the couch. And the cutest thing, almost everytime I cough she says, "Okay?" It is so sweet in her cute little voice! I love it! Anyway, it hasn't been too fun. But we are glad for our good health returning!

10 comments:

Julianne said...

Sounds like a really rough time! Both of you sick? I'm so sorry! The pics are adorable, though. I loved them all!

Tricia said...

Ahhh, I love them all. What fun memories. I'm off to do this but it makes me nervous to pick! I love the one of Lucy in the hospital with her little hat on and the one of Sadie after playing in the sprinklers is one of my all time favorites. Great woke!

Michelle said...

AmAZing pictures Lanae, I loved them all. I was glad to see that I am not the only one who can't pick just ten:) I guess when you have cute kids 10 pics just doesn't cut it-right?

Heather Guymon said...

That is SO rough Lanae. I am so glad to hear you guys are doing a little better. I could totally tell you were just not yourself on Wednesday. I felt so bad for you!

I LOVED allll those pictures. I think I fell in love with the one of Chris holding Sadie as a tiny little thing...reminds me so much of seeing Shane hold Hannah during those first few weeks. They grow so fast. How lucky you are to have such a talent for picture taking, of course a good camera doesn't hurt either! LOL

Sadie looks SO much like Chris in all those photos, especially when she was younger. Wow, it is incredible!

Tara said...

EVERY picture is beautiful...and I'm impressed with Chris' "skills" with the birth of Sadie one! -You know I'm always impressed with YOUR skills. LOVE THEM ALL!
Sorry to hear you've been sick. That SUCKS! It sounds horrible. Hope you get it better soon!!!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Those are so cute! I am sure you had a hrad time picking them out! You take such amazing photos! We're glad that you guys are feeling a bit better!

Gramma Stewie said...

I'm glad you took Michelle up on her challenge to follow suit. I had fun going down memory lane with you on those pictures! A lot of those are also my FAVS too. Thanks for doing this....beautiful kids for sure!

I'm sorry to hear you guys were BOTH sick at the same time...that is THE WORST! Thank goodness for kids movies, huh? I remember being sick with little ones, and just putting everything by the couch that I MIGHT need ALL DAY long, and letting you girls 'do your thing'...which generally turned in to 'seek and destroy'....the house was always such a disaster after mommy was sick. So I can imagine the toy room.

Remember when our whole house had food poisoning (all except Cyndi, who was about 4or 5 years old) and she 'helped us' with 'better bear'? Sounds like Lucy is of the same caring for others type personality. I can just 'see her' doing that "Okay????". Sweetheart.

I hope the girls don't get it next. So sorry you were HIT by TWO BUGS at once. That is not fair....

Cyndi said...

LOVE the photo journal, so fun! Sorry about all the sick...the last time I was sick I missed the toilet once too and had to clean it all up...so not fun. I hope you are all better now. I love you all!!!

Gramma Stewie said...

On the subject of cleaning your own 'sick messes'....hey, where is your Mom when you need her? Wish I was closer and could help...well, not actually to clean up that kind of stuff, but to help. (if you know what I mean...who WANTS to do that for anybody...yuck) So glad you are feeling better...go slow though...now relapses.

kirsten said...

Thanks for sharing those sweet pictures! We hope you guys feel better soon!