We are all so proud of her for working so hard to be a happy and obedient little girl! She has done awesome!
Today we took her to...get her ears pierced!
Chris and I always said that we will get their ears pierced when they want them done, and start asking about them. Sadie started asking about getting them pierced and we talked to her about the whole procedure. Still she was adamant about getting them pierced. So we brought in the sticker chart. As we got closer and closer to the last sticker we talked about it some more. She got a little nervous and we told her that she didn't have to get them done, that we would not make her and that it was her choice. But she quickly would say, she wanted them pierced! So today came and she was such a brave girl. She briskly walked into the mall and was so independent, not needing to hold hands or anything. She sat right up in the chair and was talking to the ladies about Lucy and herself. She looked at all the earring choices, we let her pick which ones she wanted. She instantly wanted the biggest diamonds they had! (Smart girl!) But we told her the little ones would look prettiest, so she was happy with that choice. After marking her ears and making sure they looked just right,
they brought over another girl to help, so they could do it at the same time! One shot and she was done! She was so brave! Her initial reaction was shock and she was a little unsure. Then she started crying and wanted me to hug her! They got her a sticker and a sucker (and of course one for Lucy) and gave her a mirror to see her pretty new earrings! She kept whimpering for a little bit, but by they time she got her bag of cleaning supplies she was fine. 

They look so cute! We are so proud of Sadie for working so hard to get her ears pierced! She is such a big girl!

She had to make a wish when she found this in the parking lot! What a perfect day! One wish comes true and then she gets to make another! We'll keep you posted on that wish!






8 comments:
Oh my GOODNESS! I am in SHOCK! But the end result is good...she looks super cute! I just can't believe she wanted her ears pierced at such a young age! I love that she got to make a new wish in the parking lot...to cute! You have such beautiful girls and Sadie is so grown up I cannot even believe it.
Also...I love the circles in her room, that is the first time I have seen the final product...OH MY HECK you are AMAZING!!!! Great Work!
How precious! I'm so glad they had 2 girls because I found that out last night and forgot to call you to make sure they had 2 people! She is so brave and grown up. What a sweet little girl. I'm so glad she filled up her sticker chart. I love the picture of her with her diamonds then making her next wish. Too sweet.
I can NOT believe she got her ears pierced! Allie still thinks that my ears are "broken" because I have a hole in them.
So I'd like to hear more about your sticker chart, and how she earned stickers and stuff. (The picture looked cute...and now I'm curious.)
She is such a big girl! She totally looks like you in the picture above her making her wish...I can totally see her Momma in that cute, proud smile!
Sadie's ear piercing experience brings back a lot of similar fond memories of the day I got my ears pierced (I was 5). She looks adorable, what a cute girl!
Aw how fun!!! We have always said the same thing about Hannah getting her ears pierced. I already felt like a TERRIBLE mom for all those pricks and pokes she had to get as a baby at vaccination time, so I always told myself I would never subject her to ear piercing until she FULLY understood that it would hurt and that it was HER decision. It doesn't hurt for very long, luckily, and I don't even remember getting mine done at 5 so I have a feeling here soon she will want them done. Sadie looks adorable though! How stinking cute!!!
Tell her she looks very pretty and grown up! What a fun treat (and a little scary). Kate is getting hers done for her 8th birthday.
Yeah!! Evka wants to say something to Sadie.... yweurwjyjteuyyiuiytytywdwhydywdwwrtwryytsrtwdwtyyyyyyyyyyeyteuvcjuey While typing she said we are so excited that Sadie could get her ears pierced. hk,mkhkhghhjgfghhhhhhhhhhhhhhtygtyghhfhfyydjdgftdfgfddtr And don't be sad. We are so excited for you Sadie, we know you have been working so hard to achieve this great award!! We can't wait to see what she wishes for next.....
hru35659t
So proud of you Sadie for earning it! So brave too!
Grandpa Stewie
Post a Comment