Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snow again!??!?

So, I guess I am sending mixed messages to my kids. This mess, however, was not inspired by Mommy! But boy does it resemble the "snow."
Sadie has been into going in to Lucy's room in the morning lately. She brings her blanket and a water bottle...sometime q-tips from the bathroom, the wipes from the changing table and then grabs a BUNCH of books off of Lucy's book shelf and throws it all into Lucy's crib and then they proceed to play! Today however she also grabbed sheets and blankets from Lucy's armoire and then the baby powder. I slept in a little and THOUGHT the girls had to. So I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and Sadie came in. I saw a little white stuff in her hair and said, "What is in your hair." She enthusiastically replied, "powder!" I was a little annoyed and then I realized WHERE the powder is and what she has been liking to do. So I hesitantly went into Lucy's room. I am sorry to say I did not take pictures of the crime scene (we had to hurry and get Sadie off to school) but it was not pretty! Powder everywhere! I am sad to say that, not surprisingly, Lucy got most of it! So no, we did not dye Lucy's hair white! Sadie had a little in her hair and we did not have time to give her a bath before preschool, so no hairdo's with a part...we threw it up in a pony tail (which she does not like). So here are some pictures of Lucy after we sent Sadie off to school. This is even toned down a bit since we had been up and about for half an hour. I threw Lucy in the bath and did some laundry and we are all good. It was one of those moments as a parent that you try not to laugh because they just looked so funny! But also one of those moments that you do not want to WAKE UP to. Not the best way to start off the day! How could you be upset with that sweet face!?! (Oh, and the purple stuff on her chin is the mederma we got for Lucy's chin. I love how she put it on her chin! Too cute! She likes to put it on my chin while I am putting it on hers!)

9 comments:

Tricia said...

All I can say is Oh My!! Was there any powder left in the bottle?!?! What crazy girls. I guess this is payback for all we did to mom! You can't be mad because she looks so stinkin' cute. I wish we could have seen the whole room. I'm sure her room smelt powder fresh!

Colleen said...

SOOOO funny. I can laugh when it didn't happen to me right? But how cute. seriously. Sorry you had to clean it up though.

Janet said...

HA!! laughing... how terrible though! do you laugh or cry?

Julianne said...

AAAHHH! Those pictures are cracking me up. I can only imagine what the room looked like. :)

Tara said...

I guess powder is better than Vasoline! That cute little face!!! Sounds like it wasn't TOO bad to clean up. Ü

Lyndsee Bates said...

That was so crazy when I saw her, I was thrown for a loop. Glad to hear it all came out easily!

Gramma Stewie said...

And the beat goes on.....oh the 'sweet memories' of raising children. I remember it well. Seems life is a circle, eh? Sorry you had to experience the MESS! And they thought they were being soooo creative!?!?!?!? Lucy will look like a beautiful G'ma when her hair turns white....we've seen it now...we know! Sound like you took it in stride...what else can you do? They don't realize what their creativity means to Mom's time and efforts that day. Love you and the girls!

Rachel said...

Oh my! I love hearing everyones crazy kid stories! They always make me laugh. Your girls are just too funny!

Heather Guymon said...

Oh my goodness ha ha ha ha ha!! Those girls are so sneaky! Too funny Lanae!