The girls were doing their thing so I told them to come into the office because it snowed in there! They were a little hesitant at first, I think because they were like, "Really Mom? We can make a huge mess?" It was funny. I had planned to shut the door to kind of keep it in one area but Lucy was a little unsure of the situation and wanted out if we shut the door. Even still she didn't really venture in to the mess that much. She is very cautious! Sadie on the other hand, had a blast. But still, not surprising to Sadie, it didn't last too long. :) We had a few "snowball" fights and made snow angels and buried a few "treasures" and then they were off to playing in the car (which they love right now - but Mommy doesn't because they stuck something in the navigation CD slot one time and now it won't work!) Anyway, here is our snow fun!






Sadie had just TOTALLY gotten me with a huge "snowball" so she was proud!

Look at that mess...and to think it was intentional!?! It was totally worth it! You know, sometimes I just need to let go of my "Mommy Brain" and just have fun! I was talking to a friend about how easy it is to say, "Oh I'm tired/busy" when your kids ask you to play, but those times that you get out and REALLY play are so memorable and their smiles and giggles are much more energizing than anything I can think of! So, here's to more childlike moments for ALL of us!





7 comments:
Lanae you are SO inspiring! I LOVE how you let the girls play and make messes. I can not say that I am that way enough but I grew up in a house where my mother followed me around with a wash cloth and any time I got dirty or messy she would clean me off or bathe me. Shane gets on to me now because I find myself doing that to Hannah but ONLY when its chocolate involved or sticky candy ha. Anyway I loved these pics. That looks like it was so much fun, but not so much to clean up afterward! LOL
You are such a fun MOM! That is such good advice to remember to have fun times with your kids...especially when they ask you to come have good times with them. I can't believe all of those paper shreddings...too crazy! looks like some good times at the Monson home!
Whaoooo! How much fun! I love it. That is so cute that they weren't sure of it at first, what make a mess with mom there!?! What a fun way to end a boring job. i have a huge laundry basket to shred of P&P invoices maybe I'll be a fun mom like you!
How fun! I LOVE picture #5, Sadie is turning in to such a beauty!
You are VERY courageous, Lanae! And TOTALLY FUNNNNNN! That did take, you letting go of the "mommy brain" and just planning something completely on their level of thinking. That is difficult thing for most to do....GOOD JOB! I think you got that 'gene' (the FUN gene)from Grandma Beebe! She totally did things for us that were a BLAST for us, but from her perspective made a lot of work for her...this reminds me of one of those kinds of things. HOW AWESOME OF YOU!
That looks like so much fun, glad to see that you got all the shredding done! What a pain. The girls look like they enjoyed themselves, heck who wouldn't with all that snow. You're such a fun mommy!!!!
WHOA MOMMA!!! You are so RAD!! I really want to live next door to you so we can play and have super duper fun together and with our kids! What a fun idea!! Plus, you are such a great photographer! Those pictures are priceless! Do you have a studio?? I'm ready to come out to Texas for pictures:)! Way to go!
Post a Comment