Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The most BEAUTIFUL place in the world!

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE the cabins!!! Every time we go, it is SO hard to leave! We could just stay there forever!!! I LOVE that Chris shared this place with me, and now that we get to share it with our girls!!! They fell in love with it just as much as we have!! The best part is to be able to share it with family, and to just hang out with everyone! The kids are off exploring all day long and they just love it and love being together! I can't wait to go back next year! And we'll have a fresh cuddly baby to bring!! So fun! Anyway, the second we pulled up to the cabin I noticed these HUGE wish blowing (don't know what they are called) things and knew I HAD to take pictures of the girls with them! So here are a few that I liked!Since there is such a big group of us, almost every night we go down the path a little bit to the Lucy Park. :) The kids roast hot dogs and the parents can do the same or have a delicious meal that was prepared beforehand in the cabin (usually by Kirsten - such yummy recipes!). Some nights other relatives that live nearby stop by and visit too, which is fun! There is a creek that runs behind the cabin and then along the Lucy Park. The kids LOVED playing in the creek. It is fun to see all the water crest plants in it because there are fun pictures of Chris and his siblings/cousins pulling up and throwing this all over each other! Very fun and messy! But they are classic pictures! The kids had fun stripping down and jumping right in!
As you can tell by Lucy's reaction, the water is ICE COLD!!! Seriously, I could not stand in it for more than 10 seconds! It HURT!!!! But after a while she wanted in. They are so crazy!
Sadie and Allison were often partners in crime!! They would run off and get into so much fun!!! If one was doing something crazy, the other wasn't too far behind! They had a blast together! Sad Allison's eyes are closed, but I love this picture anyway!
So I guess with the creek and being at the Lucy Park, Lucy thinking this was her territory, she thought she had to strip down every time we were there! And she refused to put her clothes back on! It was hilarious! Sometimes I could talk a diaper and/or shorts into her, but she was always topless at least!
Lucy is our little singer! She LOVES to sing! Here she is sitting in the chair totally singing to herself!! It was so funny to sit back and watch her! She is too cute and too fun!
We loved having smores every night too! I think this was the only one Sadie had, and it was just the marshmallow! She enjoyed sneaking the bars of chocolate (smart girl!)!!
Awww, if only this picture was less white trash - Lucy, with a clean face, and me with makeup and hair done! But it is still cute! I love it! It is a rare moment for me to be in front of the camera! And with my precious little girl!
I love that my kids think I am so funny! Or maybe just crazy!
So these out-houses have been at the Lucy Park for EVER!! Sadie and Abby thought it was hilarious to go together! I think it is hilarious that it is a double seater!!! Notice Abby's face! Sadie thinks she is too funny!
This could be a post all by itself, buy I want to get caught up!! So Uncle Dell lives down the road and has a little pony, Sweetie Pie. The girls L-O-V-E-D it!! We had to go see Sweetie Pie about 5 times a day!!!! Lucy, being our little animal lover, could not get enough of her! She talked so sweetly to her! I loved it! When we would leave, she would say, "Bye Sweetie Pie" in the cutest sing-songie way! She is so sweet!
The big girls loved "brushing" her. Sweetie Pie was so patient with the kids! She really is a sweetie pie!!
Walking back from seeing Sweetie Pie. I love their similar pose!

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I always love looking at your blog, Lanae! Your girls are both gorgeous and so are the amazing pictures you always take! ♥

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is so much fun. Cabins really bring out a different side in us all. The girls look like they had a blast with cousins, cold water, and freedom!!!! Love it!!!!

Cyndi said...

what a great trip. I love it...made me feel like I was there (I wish I was). I LOVE Lucy's naked bum picture. that is too funny

Heather Guymon said...

Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog. I totally take those and draw strength from them on my "bad" days where I want to eat everything in sight! LOL