So Sadie has had absolutely NO interest in letters! I have tried so many different ways to help her with her letters and she just doesn't want anything to do with it! I've gotten multiple different tracing books/boards, etc! She half does it once and will be over it! So Chris and I BOTH sat down with her a few weekends ago to try to help her. We bribed her with some ice cream...and low and behold...

She did it! Obviously the circled one is hers! She just puts too much pressure on herself saying she can't do it. Or if it isn't perfect she has to erase it or scribble it out. So I am trying to focus on trying again and again, and that it doesn't have to be perfect. I am just so proud of her. Now she has a little more confidence in herself! Yeah Sadie! You are getting so big!
6 comments:
Wow, those letters are perfect! Seriously those are better letters then some of my third graders some years! I'm so proud of her.
She wrote her name beautifully! It's amazing what a little ice cream can do for a person, isn't it? Looks to me like she has been absorbing it all (about letters) and when she was ready: she did it! GREAT JOB, Sadie! We love you!
Sounds like a little cousin of hers is on that same path.
Sadie, you did so good! Your letters look like a big girl did them. Hope you liked your ice cream.
Good Job Sadie! I've loved having her in my Primary class...she's a doll! What a fun age...
awwww. VERY cute! good job sadie!
OMGosh she is so talented! It looks good! She is amazing...what a big girl writing her own name.
Post a Comment