This sweet little monkey is already one month old! (Well, technically now she is 5 weeks since I am doing this post a little late). We have had so much fun this first month with Daphne! It seems like it has flown by, yet it seems like she's been with us forever! It seems like so long ago that we had Grandmas here visiting, boy do we miss them.She has already grown so much! She was not back up to her birth weight at her 2 week check up (which they like them to be...not too much of a concern since she was so big), she was 9 lbs. 9 oz at the check up and 9 lbs 12 oz at birth. So we had to go back the next week just to weigh her. A little annoying since she probably would have been up to birth weight if I had fed her because she was due to eat at the time of her appointment but she had fallen asleep in the car. So the next week, I fed her in the car in the parking lot of the Doctor's office. She weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 10 oz! Over a pound in one week -minus the milk :o)!
We got her on meds for acid reflux. I wish we could have a baby that didn't have this. It isn't fun and so sad to see them squirm around not being comfy. It is finally seeming to help.
Also, at that weigh-in, the Doctor was a little concerned about her skin, how it is marbled even though she is not cold to the touch. She checked her circulation and it was fine. She does want her to go see a pedi-dermatoligist just to be safe. She had one of the other Doctors come in as well and they were both a little puzzled by it. I think I remember Lucy's skin being that way too. Chris remembers my Mom asking if she was cold and us just saying her skin was that way. Then I noticed Lucy's skin can still look that way. She is pale, so maybe that has to do with it. Anyway, just interesting.
Daphne is starting to have some 4 to 5 hour stretches of sleep at night which is nice! Usually, it is that first stretch of the night so I have to go to bed early if I want to take advantage of it! :)
She has had multiple real baths now since her umbilical chord fell off just before 3 weeks.
Sadie fed her a bottle for the first time and was thrilled! But she said that Daphne stinks - I don't think it was her...it was the formula! Both Sadie and Lucy would NOT take a bottle at all! So I am trying to get Daphne used to them because I would like the opportunity of a little bit of freedom occasionally. I will give her a bottle once a day, for the most part, and she has done pretty well with them.
Dapne has more awake times throughout the day and we love it! It is fun to interact with her a little as she just stares at you! So cute!
I love how wobbly she is, and the speratic kicking and arm movements!
I love how you can tell that she is wanting to communicate but just doesn't know how.
I love to stare at her as she sleeps! The little squirming and squeeking noises she makes when she sleeps are adorable.
A weird thing, I know, but I love to pick the fuzz that gets stuck in the cracks of her hands, in between her fingers and toes. Love it!
I LOVE to smell her! Man, newborns smell SO good!
I LOVE to "steal" kisses. Little baby pouty lips that don't know how to pucker up for a kiss yet but I get to still give them kisses...I LOVE it!
I love holding her hand, and when she holds onto my shirt as she falls asleep!
I love how she will turn her feet inward and hold onto my arm with her feet while I am feeding her!
I love her little fuzzy shoulders and ears! I remember with Sadie I was nervous about that, thinking she was a hairy person, not knowing that's how newborns are. :)
I LOVE her little burping face! How her head bobbles a little as I am patting her back and her eyes are either wide open looking around with her pouty lips a little chapped from all the sucking that she hasn't had to do before. Or she is completely out from having a full tummy and then has the cutest sleeping face while being held up to burp! So sweet!
I love how she is so little in her crib! Such a tiny crib, yet she is even smaller! She is just this little bundle of beauty!
I love her all swaddled in her blankies. Chris calls her his little football whenever she is swaddled.
I love holding her in the sling and patting her cute little bottom.
We have had SO much fun and have REALLY enjoyed Daphne. People have said that number 3 was so difficult, but we haven't felt that way yet. I just really feel relaxed with her. Sadie was the first and so we didn't know what we were doing so that was difficult. Lucy was so close behind Sadie, that they just blur together. With Daphne we were really ready for her and we just get to enjoy her and appreciate her so much. Sadie and Lucy are such big helpers too, so that makes it easier. They like to play together and entertain eachother as well. It has been a really nice time together as a family of 5! Crazy, FIVE!!





11 comments:
That was the sweetest post!
I am so glad you were at the shower Saturday so I could see you and sweet Daphne. She is SO beautiful...seriously you and Chris should just keep populating the earth with gorgeous Monson girls =)
You look GREAT too! It was so fun seeing you.
What a great post to remember your cherished moments as Daphne is so little. I enjoyed reading about all your tender moments with her.....but it made ME want to be there too!!!! That's OK, we will be there in a little over a month. Yippee!
I feel the same way. Heidi was hard because she was the first and Phoenix was hard because they were so close. But Adam has been all gravy. Even when he started throwing tantrums, we'd think "Oh, how cute."
I love this post! It makes me even more excited that our little one will soon be here. :-)
have you checked out that etsy store yet? you'll die! louandlee.etsy.com
She's beautiful! I'm so glad life is falling into place for you as a mother of 3.
This cannot be, one month old already! She is darling and I love all the things about her. What a sweet blessing added to your family.
she is so pretty! I love your sweet post, you are such a kind mommy... I'm glad things are falling into place:)
Hey this is Morgan, you commented on my blog about Josh Landan. What a great coincidence! I would absolutely LOVE if you could get me in touch with him. I'm coming home from BYU to Ventura for the summer and even if I could just shadow him or meet with him that would be amazing. My email is azzie1003@gmail.com. Thanks so much!
she looks just like you!
Post a Comment