A couple months ago we finally ran out of our home made strawberry jam from last year. I have been avoiding buying jam from the store but I broke down and was VERY disappointed. It is SO not the same! We have been excited to make some this year! With Grandma Christy here, I knew we could actually venture out and do it! So Friday we headed to over to the strawberry fields and were excited to pick some strawberries. With the recent rain we have been having, we knew it would be muddy. Last year Lucy fell and was so upset about it, so I thought ahead and brought some extra clothes just in case. Wouldn't you guess that Lucy did just fine, but Sadie had a little stumble. We had to cross ever so carefully through the strawberries to get passed some very large muddy puddles. So we crossed it once when we got there, and instantly had to go potty. So we crossed back to get to the bathrooms. Then on our way back over, Sadie's shoes were a little slippery from washing her hands in the hose and unfortunately she slipped right in the mud! So we had to cross back and get cleaned up a little with the hose. She handled the whole situation very well. Especially since we couldn't get her all the way clean! By the time we got back and were ready to pick strawberries, finally, Grandma had thankfully already filled up one and a half of our two boxes! So we picked strawberries for a little bit.
I couldn't do much of the picking either because Daphne would get so mad when I bent down, since she was in the sling. So most of the time Daphne was doing this
But eventually she did some of this! :)
Lucy was too excited to feed the carrots we brought to the horses and donkeys. There was even a cute little baby donkey. So thankfully Grandma was enjoying herself picking strawberries, because once again, she was left todo the picking!
We ventured over to the animals! It's was interesting because Lucy was actually a little timid with them at first. She is getting older and more knowledgeable I guess. But she quickly warmed up and had a blast.

We headed over back to Grandma and took a little picture in the ladybug cut out.
Then headed over to get some home made ice cream! You have to get some when you are there! It is heavenly! Then we were on our way home. I was spoiled and while I took a nap with Daphne, Grandma and Lucy made all the jam! We had to have toast with dinner and it was divine! Sadie was so excited to have waffles with jam on them. We used to have that a lot on our way to the gym for breakfast. So we have missed it since we ran out of our delicious jam.
Grandma did such a great job picking strawberries that we have tons left over even after four batches of jam. With all the rain, these strawberries were so big and beautiful! We have been loving to have strawberries with every meal and for snacks as well.

I couldn't do much of the picking either because Daphne would get so mad when I bent down, since she was in the sling. So most of the time Daphne was doing this
But eventually she did some of this! :)
Lucy was too excited to feed the carrots we brought to the horses and donkeys. There was even a cute little baby donkey. So thankfully Grandma was enjoying herself picking strawberries, because once again, she was left todo the picking!We ventured over to the animals! It's was interesting because Lucy was actually a little timid with them at first. She is getting older and more knowledgeable I guess. But she quickly warmed up and had a blast.


We headed over back to Grandma and took a little picture in the ladybug cut out.
Then headed over to get some home made ice cream! You have to get some when you are there! It is heavenly! Then we were on our way home. I was spoiled and while I took a nap with Daphne, Grandma and Lucy made all the jam! We had to have toast with dinner and it was divine! Sadie was so excited to have waffles with jam on them. We used to have that a lot on our way to the gym for breakfast. So we have missed it since we ran out of our delicious jam.Grandma did such a great job picking strawberries that we have tons left over even after four batches of jam. With all the rain, these strawberries were so big and beautiful! We have been loving to have strawberries with every meal and for snacks as well.





7 comments:
wow- is it really strawberry time already! I guess I need to plan a trip out there again- I love their strawberries (and their ice cream!)
Are they almost as good as Ventura Strawberries?? Hope there is some jam and waffles when we come for the blessing!
Grandpa Stewie
Opps, I posted about the jam on the bathtime post....silly gramma. the girls look adorable and these pictures make me miss them MORE! I can see their FUN personalities in the pictures.
Yeah, I need to go too!!!! I didn't know if I could get some big ones still glad you guys had fun!! Love those cheeks!!!!
how fun. i need to go out to ventura and get some strawberries and amke jam. -can you keep a secret? we've never done freezer jam! I KNOW, crazy!
So this year I want to do it for sure!
(Love that you added the pictures of Daphne in there...I've been struggling with how you include a newborn in the activities you are doing with running around age kids.)
That looks like so much fun! Your girls are so beautiful!
HAHA oh man on the poopy incident Lanae! That's crazy and MUCH worse than getting peed on!
I have never gone to the strawberry fields lol. I need to do that!
Post a Comment