Originally we were going to bless Daphne here in Texas like we have done with our other girls. When it came down to planning, we realized we would like to make a trip back home this summer so why make everyone fly out here when we want to come out there too. So we bought some plan tickets to head West.Then we discovered we picked the "worst possible week" to ask for time off for Chris. We needed him to DO the blessing so he at least needed to be there for that weekend. Unfortunately he had to fly right back home Monday morning.
Looking back on it, I would not change it. Looking through pictures and seeing the faces that we got to share this special moment with is priceless. These people are so special to us and if they aren't family, they are close enough! Daphne got to have some GREAT men stand around her for her blessing! And here they all are: (from left to right) Uncle Jon, Ryan Newman, Uncle Damon, Grandpa "Stewie," Daddy, Grandpa Bob, David Kunz, Uncle Jim, Uncle Colin.
Grandma Jean doesn't like her picture taken. I feel lucky whenever she lets me take some. She wasn't stopping me, so I snapped away! I always LOVE pictures of her! I don't know if it is because I feel accomplished to have gotten it or what, but I always love them.

Daphne's blessing dress has a story. I had some old lace that was from my Grandma Beebe. It was old, had some holes in places and was very delicate. Chris' Mom took the lace and used it as the focus of her dress. It is around the bodice, the bonnet and around the bottom. With cutting away the part with holes, she said she did not have 1 centimeter of the lace left! It was the PERFECT amount! It was meant to be!We had picked everything out at the fabric store when she was here after Daphne's birth. She took it home to sew it. She would call me here and there to ask questions/opinions, but I had not seen it until we got there. Let me just tell you, I am completely in LOVE with it! It is way more than I ever imagined! Completely perfect! Christy, you are AMAZING!!!
Seriously, PERFECT!



It kind of freaks me out to see this picture of our family. Crazy how we are growing. The big girls look so grown up next to little Daphne. And having 3 kids! It still seems like we should be in baby mode, and that's it. But we are lucky enough to be in Barbie mode too! :)
Sweet Chris with his little girl! When he went back to work and we went to California for a month we all missed this sweet face! He brings so much to our family. Being home now, I just feel relief. It made me realize how much I rely on him and love his strength! We definitely are not complete with out him! 
It was so nice to see friends and family that we hadn't seen for so long! The kids all had SO much fun together and played so well with each other. There were many tears when it was time to go! We had a nice yummy lunch and even a pinata for the kids (for Sadie's belated birthday). It was so nice to just be together. I wasn't too on the ball with my camera, so I didn't get many pictures of the kids. I did manage to get this one of adorable Clarie!! I just want to give her kisses!! She is too precious!

We feel so blessed to have Daphne in our lives. Just today Sadie and I were talking about when she didn't have a baby sister and how lucky that now she does! Daphne brings SO much joy to our family as a whole and to each of us individually! She is such a sweet baby! She is a cuddler and I LOVE it! Sometimes when I am cuddling her I look down at her and know that I was made to cuddle with her! She just sinks into my arms and I LOVE it!







6 comments:
Ohhhh, I just love that sweet girl! Thanks for the special day where we could all be togther. The dress was amazing and I love all the pictures. Funny, the only pictures I have are of Daphne and Clarie too!
Daphne is such a doll! She is beautiful! I love the pictures that you took of her with Grandma Jean. I am impressed... I always have to sneak pics of her with my kids.
Your family is beautiful! I can't believe how much Daphne looks like your other two! She is SOOO pretty!
i am sitting here cuddling my sleeping baby as i read this. there is no better feeling. daphne is beautiful and the dress is amazing! congrats! we should talk sometime. it has been way too long...
What a great post! That dress is perfect and amazing! Props to Christy!!!
So glad that we were able to be there! She's such a sweet little baby. We love and miss you already little Daphne!!!
Lanae! What a beautiful family you have! Daphne looks gorgeous in her blessing dress. I'm glad that your sisters could be there on that happy day!
We need to plan a trip to Utah to see Lauren that way I can see your sweet girls!
Post a Comment