The Hosts: Lanae and Sheila rockin' it!

Angelica and Joy. Angelica was hilarious when I answered the door, standing all sassy and said, "Like, HI!" It caught me off guard and totally fit the part!

Kim, Aimee, Heather. Kim's hair was PERFECT! Totally believable!
Lyndsee and Lanae! The pizza guy got there just as Lyndsee was getting there...he thought we were crazy Fer Shur!! :) (Surprisingly for him, no alcohol was involved in our shenanigans! ) 
Joy and Lyndsee Hangin' Tough!

Angelica, Celia, Audra and Rachel. Rachel's dress was Awesome! Sequince and a bow in back and everything!

Sheila, Colleen and Janet! Hot Mamas!
Playing games! Colleen is trying to cheat off of Rachel's but Rachel is too quick! Gotcha! ;)

The mayhem from getting ready! Wow, 80's is too much work! "She works hard for the money!"
So much fun! We played a few reminiscent games of naming the tv show by listening to the intro music and naming cartoons by looking at the picture. Then we watched some of the intro's which was so fun! I must say, the one that freaked me out the most was the Get Along Gang! As I was searching for old cartoons and stuff I found this and thought it sounded a little familiar so I clicked on it and OH MY GOODNESS, did everything come back! I think I had a coloring book of them because I remembered coloring them and I could smell smells, everything! It was CRAZY! Do you remember them!?!
Anyway, the best part of the night was just having fun and chatting with good friends! We had pizza and 80's snacks like twizzlers, twinkies, reeses pieces, tang, fig newtons, some were inspired by different 80's commercials that we watched as well. It was fun to hear every one's stories and memories from hand made pound puppies to which Barbie's they had and of course the precious Teddy Ruxbin (which I wanted so bad) and Popples! So much fun! We watched "She's Out of Control" which is a lot more scandalous than I remember! :) But so RAD! Then, a few of us stayed to sleep over! It was so much fun! One thing I did learn is that I am so glad I don't have to dress like that everyday! YUCK! So much makeup and NOT a flattering era! Thanks Ladies for coming and making it such a fun time!!Peace Out!





13 comments:
Like totally fun! Looks like a WILD and cray night too! You guys are so much fun for doing this. We may be having a totally rad 80's party in Vegas too! Oh, you look hot with your hair like that.
I had a total BLAST!!! Thanks for putting it together!!!
Oh so, I suppose you could have an 80's party without but me but why? hahaha - very cute idea and it looks like so much fun! You should have had Ed Grimley come visit. Another totally 80's product - Jello - the "watch it wiggle, see it jiggle" commercial and the Bill Cosby pudding commercials. Love them! Lanae you look so awesome!!!! Do you know the song "Big Hair"? It's so fun - you should check out the Chenille Sisters. To me another totally 80's thing are John Hughes movies - 16 candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science (which I think you look like the model in that movie), Pretty In Pink, and I think my favorite She's Having A Baby. Anyways this makes me want to have a similar party! You're like so totally cool! When I grow up I want to be you!
Amy-
I wish you could have come! You always make parties so much fun! We had those movies and some others to choose from but we only had "time" (we started the movie at 1:00am!) for one. And I am so bugged about the jello! We had it and never made it! I remember all those Bill Cosby commercials! So fun! Who is Ed Grimley? That one doesn't ring a bell!
Your party didn't start until 1:00! Okay my Geritol just kicked in! hahaha! Well for me a highlight of the 80's was the cast of Saturday Night Live. The 80's, especially the late mid to late 80's provided many laughs on Saturday night. Ed Grimley was this total nerd that loved Pat Sajak, he also loved and was quite proficient at the Triangle. My brother Pete went as him for Halloween at a stake youth dance. I'm sure you know who I mean by now and if not google him because his wardrobe was equally entertaining. Ed was played by Martin Short.
I must say yet again you were looking very hot! You should consider running for Mrs. Texas - I think you could totally win! and I'm being totally serious!!! I think it was the big hair that convinced me! Totally!
Anyways it is fun to see how happy and creative you and your sisters are! I'm taking copious notes!
I should have made it clear that in my very first response I was actually responding like Ed Grimley would have responded. To be truly true to him I should have started it with "I must say that was a totally decent party you had, I mean give me a break!" that is exactly his style... ha!
That looks soooo fun!!!! My friends and I were reminiscing about the 80s over the weekend. We even talked about having a theme party. Now I have tons of ideas! Thanks!!!!
Time warp.....fur shure. What a GREAT idea....and a slumber party to boot! What FUN! Sure looks like a great turn out too. Trippin down memory lane is 'the best'.
It was seriously the most fun I have had in a LONG time!!! I am so bummed that I did not get to stay the night. We should totally do that again sometime! Kick Eric outta the house more often!!!!
That party looks like it was SO TOTALLY AWESOME! Glad you had a great time...and I love your big hair!
You are so RAD! I am officially moving our family to Texas so I can come party with you! This party is so awesome! I'm totally going to copy you anad have one here! I think this is the bazillionth time, I've copied your great ideas that you share! Thanks for being so BRILLIANT! You are so much fun!!!!!!! And so HOT!!! GrEAT Hair!!
that is so FREAKIN fun! I love the 80's! I totally remember the get along gang...so silly. Love your outfit Lanae! You look HOT!
"like totally awesome"
Post a Comment