Sunday, April 20, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever!

After my Hot 80's Party, we went with some friends (Matt, Angelica, Vivian and Grant Mings) to the Strawberry Fields to pick strawberries. Then on Monday we are getting together to make jam...so I will have more pictures to come! We all had so much fun! It was like a treasure hunt, finding these beautiful red strawberries. Even as we thought we were done, we would see one hanging there screaming our names! Sadie was LOVING the hunt! Lucy on the other hand picked EVERYTHING! We had to weed out some of her pickings later!
Vivian and Sadie
Look how cute Angelica and Grant are...what a team!
There was lots of mud so we had to be tricky to avoid it. Although Lucy did have one encounter! This was even after I wiped a little off.
She was NOT happy about it! She does not like to be dirty! (you would never guess that because this girl is always filthy! but I guess she isn't always aware of that daily dirt) But Dirt Dirt! YUCK! When we first started she put her hand down on the ground and then saw the dirt on her hand and said, "Eeeewwwwww! Sick!" I helped her brush it off. So, after she fell in the mud she was ready to go home. She kept saying, "Lets Goooo!" Since we weren't giving in to her whining, she went off and pouted. I am SOOO sad to say that I don't have a picture of this, I was too slow at getting my camera back out, but she was pouting (my I remind you - about being dirty) and she decided to plop down on her knees in the dirt and bury her face in the strawberry plants! It was hilarious!!! After we got our share of Strawberries, we went to see the animals on the farm. They LOVED the donkeys. We brought some carrots to feed to the donkeys which the girls LOVED! I liked hearing their chomping sounds!
This Donkey was totally albino or something! Kind of creepy!
Of course we had to get some of the home made ice cream. The girls got vanilla, I got strawberry, and Chris got berry berry (but then Chris and I switched) they were all SO good!It was such a fun day! We loved being together and just having fun! And might I add that the weather was perfect!!! It has been so nice here and we are really enjoying it! Hopefully it will last a while before it gets too hot!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

I want to pick strawberries! How fun. What a great day together as a family. Are you making freezer jam? I'm on my last jar so I'll be making some again soon too. Are the strawberries any good? I'm sure nothing like the ones at your wedding. ;)

Gramma Stewie said...

Good talkin' with you on the phone today. Thanks for sending us to your blog for weekend posts! Lucy is cute in her strawberry pants. The girls look so cute! Looks like Sadie was into it like a 'Easter Egg hunt'. Fun! Sorry about the mud Lulu....her pouting style sound like it is geneticly determined....hummmmmmm, I wonder from who?

Lyndsee Bates said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. That is funny about Lucy, she is so cute!!!

Tara said...

I have a bunch of random comments:
Sadie's hair is getting so long!
LOVE howLucy pouted...would've love to seen that!
Cute strawberry looking outfits!
LOVE the "personality" in that last picture.
Where's the picture of you & Chris?
Okay, LOVED it. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time. Fun memories!

Colleen said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I still want to get out there this year. But, I have NO idea how to make jam .. haha!

Jodi said...

What a great family outing! I wonder if there is anything like that around the O.C.? I love strawberries! Can't wait to see your post on makin' jam. Have fun!

Monson Family said...

Tara -
I threw my crimped puffy hair in a pony tail and didn't shower because of the sleepover the night before. Chris was in grungy clothes and didn't shower either because he was going to do yard work when we got back. That is why there are no pictures of us looking so hot! :P

laurdacooj said...

This looks so fun! I love Lucy's festive strawberry outfit, your girls are so pretty! What a fun activity!

Cyndi said...

What a FUN day. Such cute pictures. That looks like such a fun place.

Michelle said...

I love homemade jam...YUUUMMMY!!! I have to say your 80s party looked RAD!! It reminded me of some funny times back in the day, like our beauty pagent talk show and that time we dressed up with cassie...good times!!!