Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jenny Lake and more Cabin fun

We always love to go to Jenny Lake when we are at the cabin. You get to take a little boat across the lake and then do a little "hike" (it's probably a mile there and back). So it is great for the kids! Grandpa Bob even made it the whole way and he just had both of his knees replaced earlier this year! It is BEAUTIFUL and so fun. Plus you can find and pick huckleberries along the trail! Sadie LOVED that! So here we are waiting for the boat. What crazy parent would dangle their kids over the water like that!?! It isn't deep and the girls were loving to look for fish!
Allison and Sadie on the boat ride.
The girls took turns sitting on Hannah's lap! They LOVE the big cousins!!
Of course the picture doesn't do it justice! It is huge and beautiful and loud!
Lucy, Allison and Sadie.
Here are some shots of the beautiful Tetons! The one with the cows, we pulled over to the side of the road to wait for our carpool of cars and I had to jump out and get this!
A moose we saw as we were driving to Jenny Lake.
After the Lake we went to the Bar J Wranglers. It was a BBQ dinner and a silly quartet group! Lucy LOVED it and was dancing in the isle and when the song would end she would say, "Again!?!" She picked up on the clapping and cheering and would clap and hoot and the end! Hilarious! Sadie didn't like to me yell whenever they would interact with the audience. It was funny. I had to represent Texas! :)

One day we rented 4 wheelers! We all had so much fun exploring in the mountains and driving crazy! I don't know how much protecting these huge helmets would do on that little head, but it looked so cute!
I LOVE when they squat down a little and talk to each other like this! So Cute! Even Lucy does it and gets right up under Sadie's face. Lucy does this ALL the time when we pick Sadie up from school and she asks if Sadie had fun! I LOVE it!
Daddy and Lucy. Thankfully Daddy drove carefully with Lucy! All the boy cousins wanted but didn't want, to ride with Uncle Chris! Gunther talked about how Uncle Chris almost killed them as they were doing donuts and "almost flipped it!" But Gunther paid Uncle Chris back when he drove them off the road (going too fast at a turn) and into some alfalfa fields. Luckily there was not a fence! Chris and Eric enjoyed each taking a 4 wheeler and doing all kinds of crazy things!
Mommy and Sadie! Sadie wanted to sit in the back but later wanted to sit up front. She even controlled the gas!!! She loved it. She would direct me wherever we went and she "found" a cool "road" that took us to the top of the mountain! It was beautiful! She was proud!We all love to go up behind the cabins and find huckleberries. So we all went one afternoon! We got TONS of huckleberries! So yummy! I don't think my girls contributed to the pot, they just ate them as they went along! Especially Sadie! She is my fruit junkie!
It was so fun! Like a treasure hunt trying to find a patch with a lot of them! Our hunt got cut short as we heard thunder and realized a storm was coming! (I LOVE storms at the cabin! The are beautiful!) We made it home just in time and then it started down pouring! So we got to be cozy and enjoy our labors!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Can I just say those pictures are amazing?!! The landscape ones you should sell to businesses in the area...they are amazing.
As for your adventures...SO MUCH FUN! Seriously, it looks like the funnest place to vacation. How awesome to get to share your vacation memories with family at a place as beautiful as that!
I don't think I could get enough of your pictures from there.

Cyndi said...

I so want to be there right now! So fun and relaxing. No worries in the world. I love all the pictures. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Kirsten said...

Lanae, You're the best! Thanks for preserving those great memories! It was so much fun to be with you, Chris and your girls!!!

Susanne said...

What a cool place to vacation! The pictures of the Tetons are beautiful. It makes me want to take a trip there! :-) Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Elise said...

Oh, I miss the cabin just looking at those pics! I haven't had a huckleberry in over a year and I'm having withdrawals! It looks like you had a blast. It's fun to be able to share such a special place.

Tricia said...

Ahhh, what a great time! I love that moose picture. Thanks a lot for sharing the 4-wheel pictures. Now Damon thinks even more that need to buy some! Now sees the boys would have so much fun.

The Wach Family said...

Now can't you see why I just love Idaho? The mountains are so incredible. The Teton area has got to be one of the most beautiful places there is!