Friday we broke out the Christmas decorations and Saturday we put up the lights outside. We didn't do as much of the lights this year because Chris doesn't like to put them up and I don't want to do a ton. I was pooped after just the amount we did. But sometimes I think a little goes a long way! :) Chris was re-staining the garage door, which looks LOVELY, while I (don't read this Mom) put the lights up. I know, being pregnant I should NOT be climbing on the roof but I am stubborn and want them up and know Chris will probably never get around to it. I did however skip the high peak of the house which scared me AND Chris last year. (I was up there last year and Chris kept telling me how to lay down and blah blah blah, but it is TOO steep and too high! He got up there to try, thinking I was being chicken, and he quickly agreed with me! It is this high peak over the second story, plus our lot slopes down there so the foundation is probably 5 feet up right there too! So the ground is WAY far down! And the trees cover that section anyway.) So here is our outside.
It is so fun to have the decorations out. The girls LOVE it too! This was the first year they really got into the decorations! They LOVED decorating the tree. They took turns wearing the Christmas tree skirt! Sadie was my little poser today! And yes, notice the outfit changes! Ugh...

Every ornament they pulled out they ooooohed and awwwed over. They were true girly girls! They loved seeing all of THEIR own ornaments. Seriously, look how much fun they have together. (Today at church while I was taking the girls potty, it was my turn and they were sitting on this little bench and Lucy put her arm around Sadie and she said, "Sadie your my best friend everyday!" Sadie leaned over and gave her a big hug and they both looked at me smiling with their arms around each other! So cute!) They are so fun!
It is so fun to have the decorations out. The girls LOVE it too! This was the first year they really got into the decorations! They LOVED decorating the tree. They took turns wearing the Christmas tree skirt! Sadie was my little poser today! And yes, notice the outfit changes! Ugh...

Every ornament they pulled out they ooooohed and awwwed over. They were true girly girls! They loved seeing all of THEIR own ornaments. Seriously, look how much fun they have together. (Today at church while I was taking the girls potty, it was my turn and they were sitting on this little bench and Lucy put her arm around Sadie and she said, "Sadie your my best friend everyday!" Sadie leaned over and gave her a big hug and they both looked at me smiling with their arms around each other! So cute!) They are so fun!



It is so fun to see them enjoying the moments that I loved as a little kid! I remember LOVING to set up the nativity. I loved the it was so beautiful and delicate. The girls LOVED figuring out where to put each of the pieces. We talked about how we try to face all the people and animals towards Baby Jesus. Sadie loved that! They LOVE that they have their own Nativity to play with over and over! I woke up to the music of it this morning. Although we have added a few characters to the original ones in attendance. :) Notice how they are facing. And Cinderella is totally petting the donkey! :) So funny!
We have been LOVING the advent calendar from Aunt Tricia! Isn't it the cutest you have ever seen!?! My girls do not understand it yet though. I have refilled the tins with candy a bunch of times and finally I figured they will understand better if I DON'T refill it. So if it's empty, they don't get a treat because they already ate it. We still get to do whatever fun thing it tells us to do though, like make snow flakes, write a letter to Santa, color a Christmas picture, etc. We have had so much fun with it! And I just love how cute it is!
So now that we are done with decorating, maybe I should start my shopping! Merry Christmas everyone!





7 comments:
That entire post made me crack up! Seriously, as a teacher I would not have put up with such sassy girls. Maybe Mrs. Sweat wasn't that bad! I love the new figures added to the Nativity and how kind Cinderella is to the donkey! The outfit changes crack me up and Lucy looks so big a sweet I just want to munch on her! Oh, YOU got on a ladder? Remember when I was pregnant and wanted to one Christmas at moms and you about killed me for thinking it?!?! You are so busted!
I love that Little People nativity. My kids have all just played and played with it. Last year, Heidi did a talk in Primary using it!
Oh, I want to get all my decorations up! I just found another Thanksgiving deco that I still had up...don't that seem like it was FOREVER ago already?
This post totally put me in the mood...we are going to finish decorating today!
And I'm with Tricia, you are busted for not just getting on a ladder, but climbing all over a roof while pregnant.
Love the pictures of the girls hanging the orniments...and totally posing. (We are way into that right now at our house!)
And the best friends story is THE BEST! Isn't that a dream come true for every Mother?
I LOVE your house! And I am SO jealous of the green grass on your lawn. You would think living in the South I would still have a little green grass, but no such luck. Anyway, I need full instructions for the advent calendar, that is so fun!
your house is so festive and ready for christmas. I love looking at pictures of your girls they are so so cute!! I love the tree skirt pics too cute!! I tried to take pictures of my lights not working so well. Way to dark. Any suggestions?
That is PRECIOUS about the girls! How sweet of a moment, there in the bathroom at church =)
The Cinderella seriously made me laugh till I almost peed myself. Your girls have a way of doing that to me lately! LOL
I love that you document all this stuff and blog about it. It totally makes me smile.
Very cute!!! I think I see the one light you were talking about :) j/k looks lovely!!!!
Post a Comment