Thursday, September 06, 2007

First Day of Pre-school!


She is such a big girl! She just walked right up to school, wanted to open the door "herself," and went right in and sat down and instantly wanted to do what the other kids were doing! We were running a little late, but then we hit traffic from some huge accident (I didn't even take the freeway...it was a side road) anyway, once that cleared up we were behind a cement truck going 20! Therefore, I was going crazy! Anyway, we were about 10 minutes late, which was okay because they just do some discovery type play for the first little while. So Sadie walked right in, put her stuff in her cubby and sat down and said, "I want one of those." They were making puppy dog ear head-band things. They went all over the school looking for bones later. Too cute. So I knelt down by her and said goodbye and she totally ignored me and was just into the craft! So I said bye again and her teacher said, "I think your mommy wants to say goodbye Sadie." Sadie quickly said, "Bye Mom" without looking at me and that was it! She has been SO ready for preschool! Another drama with this morning is, I was having the hardest time deciding which backpack to get for Sadie and I finally ordered it online early last week. It did not come until today AFTER I picked Sadie up from Preschool! Bummer. I had to let go of the fact that she wouldn't have it for those first day of school pictures. But I will just stage them later with her in the same outfit. Anyway, she had such a fun time! She gets a huge smile on her face when we talk about it! She is so proud! It was nice to be able to have some time alone with Lucy. We went to Target and then came home for lunch and played a little bit. It was nice. As much as we have been looking forward to Preschool, it is kind of crazy to think that this is the beginning of a lifetime of school! Crazy that we are starting it already! It will be an adjustment to get used to the scheduling and stuff. Like they have "yellow" day next Tuesday and different things almost every week. I definitely need to get more organized!

Sadie wanted to pose here. She is so funny. There were a couple spots that she climbed up on to pose. She is a silly girl!


I was taking pictures of Sadie and Lucy stepped right up and smiled. It was too funny! She stood there and said "school."

What a big girl. (notice her "backpack" that is to a doll of hers that she has used for a purse) Sad!I hate it too because notice how her drink is almost falling out. It fell out as she was opening the door. Things ALWAYS fall out of it and it drives me crazy!

Here is one of her teachers, Mrs. Lisa. I stood in the hall after I left and snapped a few shots. The little girl is a friend from church. They used to be in our ward but moved out of the ward. So it was fun to see her in the same class!

The rest of these were taken on Tuesday for the "meet your teacher" day. So we got to go and meet the teachers and see where her cubby is and get her school t-shirt and different info about the year. We also got a scholastic book order form! We are official! It is too fun.

Sadie by her cubby! She is humoring me with the pictures. Nice smile!

Why is it always so much fun to wash your hands when it isn't necessary to wash them!?!

Sadie has music on Tuesdays and Spanish on Thursdays. So we met the music and spanish teachers as well.

Sadie and her friend Evka playing with some of the instruments!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow, so grown up! I'm glad she did so well today!I can't believe how big they are. The one of Sadie on the rail she looks so much like Chris!! I love her first day of school outfit and her lunch box, too cute! Enjoy the alone time with Lucy. Today during Shane's preschool we met a friend for lunch and had so much fun shopping too!!!

Tara said...

Yeay! I love that you took so many pictures. She looks so BIG...and still adorable as ever.
Cute that Lucy jumped in the picture and said "school"...what a doll.

Cyndi said...

Sadie looks so cute! I'm so surprised at how big both her and Lucy are getting. It is crazy how the older kids look like kids. She is so cute. I love her smile! That's neat that they teach music and Spanish. Sounds like a fun school.

Julianne said...

Isn't it so nice to have a few hours with just 1 child? :) With Megan in kindergarten I feel like I can do anything with just Carli. Your girls are getting so grown up! I can't believe we've been gone from CP for almost a year. It's so fun to see all the girls. I'm glad Sadie had such a great time at preschool. Warning: watch out for those Scholastic book orders. :) They are too fun!

David Stewart said...

Gramma Stewie: What a BIG girl! I love how you got so many pictures of her first day of pre-school....don't forget to count how many you took and get the same number of pictures of Lucy's first day of pre-school, so 'it is even'. Just kidding, what kind of kids would do THAT? hahaha I love it how Sadie took to school so well....I know it is kind of hard on Mom....but actually better than leaving with screaming and terror. Shows how truly r-e-a-d-y she is for preschool, for sure! I can't beileve it though, wasn't it just yesterday that she was coming home from the hospital? Kids are the markers of TIME! A LOT happens in those first 3 years. Anyway, loved the story line and pictures!