Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bowling fun!

We took the cue from some friends and took the girls bowling tonight. It was loads of fun. Our babysitter couldn't babysit and I had been gone all day (at the cannery - I will post pics later - I left my camera in my friends purse) so we decided to have a fun night out as a family. So we went to Pei Wei and got "noodles" for the girls (their favorite) and then went bowling. They loved it. They have 6 lb balls so they could both carry them over but Lucy would just drop it! So we found a little ramp thing that they could just push it down! It made the balls go faster too! Sadie's were getting pretty slow on some, so this was better. It was cool because when you enter in your name and stuff you just pick who wants to play bumper bowling and who doesn't. So when it was their turn the rails would just pop up and then pop down when they were done.

Lucy loved watching for the ball to pop out. No matter how long she stood there looking, everytime one popped out she would jump! It was cute!

Lucy was a little nervous about all the people and the fact that they turned the lights down so it glowed! Anyway, she warmed up after a little bit and loved when it was her turn!

The final scores:

Lanae = 110

Lucy = 94

Chris = 88

Sadie = 71

9 comments:

Lyndsee Bates said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!!!

Tricia said...

How fun! We are so going to do that soon! I guess Chris isn't that good at bowling and Lucy is a pro! Maybe you should put her in a bowlig league instead of dance. Sadie's shoes are actually really cute!

Tara said...

Sadie is like you...such a ham. I can't believe how BIG Lucy looks. Her hair is done like a big girl!! That looks like SO much fun, we might have to look for somewhere around here that has "fun bowling" too. LOVE the pictures.

David Stewart said...

What fun that was. So neat they have automatic gutter bumpers! I can't get over how big Lucy is getting! She was just a baby yesterday!

Jodi said...

I can't stop laughing over your final bowling scores. How is it Lucy out bowled Chris? Too funny...

David Stewart said...

Gma Stewie here: Lucy is a natural, eh? What a kid, scoring so high! Tricia's bowling league comment was funny....bowling for dollars? Anyway, it's obvious you guys had a FUN family Date! I can just see Lucy popping her head back from the ball return in surprise and excitment each time. Too bad I have to imagine it, but I really can, and I'm sure it was soooo cute! What a high tech bowlilng alley, to have the bumpers pop up and down at will. Cool! Glad you took pictures....the girls are growing so big, and CUTE!

Monson Family said...

Yes, it was so fun! But I felt bad for the guys next to us because between me taking pictures, the girls trying to take their ball, the girls blocking their lane and Chris bowling a ball to speed up one of Sadie's that was at a stand still and knocking Sadie's into their gutter, I am sure they were glad when we left. But they were so nice about it and the one said he had kids. Anyway, Jodi, I know, but with the bumpers they were bound to hit quite a few pins. Anyway, it was a fun night!

Cyndi said...

That is so fun! What a high-tech bowling ally. I'm glad the girls had fun. I like that Lucy liked the balls coming out of the shoot. Thats cute. They did really good!

Julianne said...

Fun! It's just an all-American game isn't it? The pics are so cute!