Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fire Station

Sadie went on her first Field Trip last Thursday. I was so glad that I could go with her. It was so much fun and the kids had a great time. They started off with their snack since they wouldn't get back until almost lunch. Then we were able to just walk to the fire station. There is an elementary school across the street that we crossed through the field of. Then went through a gate and there was the fire station. Quite nice and convenient. Sadie's class and the other class her age group went together. Each class brought the fire men some brownies, which I guess is there favorite. The fire men greeted us outside and then brought us in to watch a short movie on fire safety. Then one of the fire men put on their entire get-up to show the kids what he would look like and sound like with all that stuff on so if they were ever in a fire and a fire men had to rescue them, they wouldn't be scared. It was really cute. They really stressed that fact and to not hide. I had never thought of that but I can totally see how that would be scary in the dark with all the smoke around and then this oxygen tank breathing guy comes to get you. So I thought that was really cute. Once he was all in his gear he let them come up and touch him to see for themselves. Then they gave us a tour of the fire station. They got to sit in their rooms - which Sadie started jumping on the bed, crazy! - and then they sounded the alarm to hear what they hear when they have to get up for a fire (except they didn't do the loud alarm so the kids wouldn't get scared, just a beep and then an announcement of the fire and another beep) Then we went out to see the fire truck.
What is up with this face. It makes me laugh. She's been doing this in some pictures lately. I don't know what it is but it is silly.
This is Sadie's friend Megan. Look how stinkin cute! She would not let go of his leg!
Her class!
They showed them around the truck and then the kids got to go in it. They pulled the truck out and turned on the sirens. All the kids were covering their ears except Sadie. I guess she is used to it being loud and crazy! :) Then we walked back to school. It was so fun to see Sadie in her cute little school environment. She is such a big girl! I am glad that I got to share that time with her. We had fun together. Here's to many more fun field trips!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I love field trips. Aren't you the good mom to go! I'm cracking up that she didn't cover her ears!! I miss her and can't believe how big she is getting.

Tara said...

How fun. I can't wait to go on that field trip. I've always seen other Mom's go on that one with their kids, and it's one of those milestones to me. I can't wait to do it!
Sadie is getting do big! She looks so different since the last time I saw her...part of that might be the hair cut. That or seeing her with her class...man she's growing up!

Rachel said...

Fun- that face looks lie she's practicing a fake smile, Caleb does that all the time!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

So I am blog stalking and found you and Tricias blogs! I am really excited about it! Your girls are beautiful! Its so fun to see and your cute family!!

Cassi Moise-Shaw said...

Yay to field trips! How fun for her, and that is so amazing that you got to be there with her to share that moment.