Monday, September 24, 2007

Enrichment Back to School Night

We had a great time at Enrichment this past month! We did a back to school night (like Tricia's ward Ü) with different classes. We started off with recess (we had different getting to know you questions written on different squares of a soccerball and would toss it from person to person and you had to answer the question that was facing you).
Then we had "lunch" with a cafeteria style dinner. Notice the fun plates and the cute hair nets!
Then we broke off into classes. We had MY class which was writing (keeping a personal history)...of course I dressed the part with glasses on the tip of my nose, my hair in a bun and a black skirt with a blouse and cardigan and of course hum-drum shoes. And I had my yard stick to whack on the table when things were out of control (if only I could bring that to my primary class!) It went well. But we did it in 2 rounds and the first period, they rang the bell so early, I hardly got to half my lesson. So the second time around I rushed through it, which went better. We finished off with writing letters to missionaries who are serving from our ward. The other classes were arts and craft and PE - Pilates. It was a fun night. We had lots of fun!
Wow! A whole post without either of my girls or me or Chris! What to do!?!

9 comments:

Cyndi said...

How fun! I want to come to yours and Tricia's enrichment nights. They are FUN!!! I'm glad your class went well...and it's not true...there is a picture of your family (on your desk)

;o)

Tricia said...

Looks like a great night! I'm glad you guys had fun. I'll post pictures on my blog SOMEDAY! I didn't really take too many, sad. Now it's time to plan for the next one!

Monson Family said...

Ha Ha Cyndi! You are right! That is funny! I just can't avoid it!

Heather Guymon said...

It was SO much fun! I loved it!

Rachel said...

It was fun! I was bummed I missed your class. It took me the entire time to finish my art project- there was major drama involved for me to choose my papers and colors! Love the pics, I look hot- haha :)

David Stewart said...

I would have liked to see a picture of you in your "get up"

Looks like all had fun!

Monson Family said...

Heather and Rachel - I am glad you had fun too! I know, the art project always takes forever!
Dad - I know, I was bummed when I realized I didn't get a picture of me in my atire!

Julianne said...

I miss CP soooo much!!!!! I'm still trying to get this ward to do some extra activities.

Colleen said...

Oh! I never did see pictures from that night! How fun!!!