Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Official!

I am a true Mormon Mommy! I felt so official as I went down to the San Antonino Cannery and did some canning with the ward! It was tons 'O' fun! I have been SO intimidated and confused with the whole food storage business that I have completely avoided it. Now that it isn't just Chris and I it makes me a little nervous. We could be starving and miserable for while, but the girls...that's another story! So I figured we could start being responsible, at least a little. It's a start! Chris stayed home with the girls ALL Saturday and was a REAL help! They had fun together. Oh, Sadie and Chris took a nap in our guest bedroom together and Sadie was so worried that Daddy would get Grandpa Stewie's side of the bed dirty! It was a funny story! She even piped in as Chris was telling it to me! But don't worry, it is clean and we will definitely clean the bedding before our next guest comes (Grandpa Bob and Grandma Christy! Ü) because Missy ALWAYS lays on that bed...stinky! Anyway, here are some fun pictures of us in our get-up and using our muscles! It was a very efficient and quick trip! Yeah Krissy for keeping it so organized! After packing the Hot Cocoa we had to stop on the way home for a little sweet treat! (It smelled SO good!) Me and Sheila looking so spiffy! (You had to wear the apron when operating the sealer thing in case grease splattered - So I am a little more decorated!)

Look at all those beautiful cans! (and those straight labels!Ü)

Juli and Sheila, a little shocked that I am actually busting out my camera! But at least they played, right!

Juli operating some heavy machinery.

The assembly line! I got the easy job of putting the oxygen packets in the cans and then setting the lid on top! But I did relieve Juli for a while on the sealing machine. We had a fun time! (Tricia I am wearing that new layers shirt. It is cute but see how it looks like a maternity shirt. You don't want people guessing!)

10 comments:

Tricia said...

In the first picture I was totally trying to look at the shirt and was glad to see a full shot of it! It looks cute, but I see what you are saying. What a fun day. It makes me want to can next time and not stay home with all the kids and baby sit! I'm glad you are more prepaired! Did you get the black beans? I just did and people keep telling me how yummy they are and I need to try them. I'll keep you posted!

Tricia said...

Oh, and by the title I thought you were PREGNANT!!!

Tara said...

LOVE that you whooped out your camera and took pictures! You guys actually make it look fun.

Monson Family said...

I only got Sugar, oats, a few milk, a few apples and one thing of cocoa. We are doing it where there are certain items we are doing each time we do it so that it is quicker. Then by the end of the year we will have gone through everything. It made go really fast because you have to wipe down and clean up after each item and then if only one person wants something you have to can the entire bag because you can't leave open bags of stuff. It was nice. I was too nervous to get wheat (we don't have a wheat grinder) but after talking to everyone there I think I will do it next time. I think we are canning wheat everytime since it is such a major staple.
Tricia, NO I am not pregnant. Although I have been baby hungry but Chris is NOT ready for another. And I am finding out of ALL these people that are pregnant in our ward and it is really getting to me! Peer Pressure! And the shirt is cute, that angle isn't the cutest, but it was cute and very comfy.
Tara, yes it was fun. We had a good time! But hey, we are just fun people! Ü

Julianne said...

OK, who is preggo in the ward???? :) I was wondering with the shirt so it's a good thing you clarified.

Looks really fun! I've had a feeling of urgency to go to the cannery so I'm hoping to get there very soon! Way to get me excited!

Cyndi said...

Looks like fun. I remember when we canned at our house...that was way fun! My ward is making 72hour kits next week, so I will have those (well actually we already have some that mom made us but I'm sure they will have some extra cool stuff...and it's good to be extra prepared) I love that you took pictures too.

I like your your shirt. It's super cute! It's funny a lot of the styles this day look like at least beginning maternity clothes. I have tons of Shirts and dresses that I will totally be able to wear still when I get pregnant (not that that's anytime soon) and only if I still have those clothes and they are still in style.

Jodi said...

Lanae great minds think alike. I just bought that same shirt from layers! Too funny.

Claudia "Stewie" said...

I think I set up an account for me. Let's see if it comes up Claudia "Stewie" this time. Looks like you girls have it down, to "make work a game" and now it is FUN! Works for Mom's as well as kids! Glad you had so much FUN, working....and 'choosing the right' to begin a years supply...one step at a time. Yeah, for Chris too....to make it all happen. I got a kick out of the story about their naptime and G'pa Stewie.....cute!

Monson Family said...

Julianne -
Let's see, Melissa Mortenson (Jan), Juli Miller(March), Angelica Mings(Nov), Sheri Taylor(Nov), and Rachel Leavitt (I'm not sure on her due date) I think that is most everyone.
Jodi-
That is too funny! I have been eyeing it forever and wanted the cream one. I was excited when it was on clearance but bummed about the color, but I like it.

Julianne said...

Oh, wow! I'm missing out on all the fun being preggo again with everyone. No, we're not planning on another for a little while still. After 4, though, isn't 5 just icing on the cake? LOL! :)