GO TO BED! Here is Sadie tonight as she should be in bed. Chris and I were downstairs talking/watching the football game (thank you fantasy football) and Sadie would not go to bed! We are trying to break her of the habit that formed while we were on vacation of us being with her until she fell asleep. We left the hall light on and her door open because she has been scared lately too; but that was an invitation for fun. She was asking us all sorts of questions from what are those flashing lights (the TV) to look I found a sticker, look here are my papers and then later I came up to have her go to bed and she had gone into the bathroom, gotten some band aids out of the medicine cabinet and had a band aid wrapped around each finger on her left hand. She actually did a really good job of it too! Notice she is actually wearing jammies too! That is a rarity for her. She goes through SO MANY outfits a day because she has to wear clothes (stretchy shorts and a tank top) to bed; then has to get dressed again around mid morning or after she has taken a shower with me (stretchy shorts and two tank tops - layering like Mommy, she calls it her undershirt) and then "if" she gets wet or dirty through out the day she will change yet again! She is too funny! Anyway, an hour later she finally fell asleep...by herself! Yeah!





8 comments:
Shane says, "Sadie you are locked out!." What a silly girl. I love all the questions she was asking.
Impressive that she was able to do band-aids with one hand. That's hard for ME to do still.
Gotta love 3-year-olds. They aregetting TOO smart, huh!?!
That is so funny! Good work on not giving into laying down with her :)
How cute Lanae! We are having a hard time with bed time routines ourselves. I came home Thursday after our class to find Hannah and Shane asleep in MY bed! LOL if only Shane wasnt such a softy!
What a stinker. :) I'm glad she was able to go to sleep by herself! Hopefully tonight will be easier, right?
That is a funny story. I like the pictures...it is so fun to capture those moments. She sounds like Chris with her changing her clothes "do I have anything on me" Looks like you got another one. Love you guys!!
Great pictures. Lucy sure is growing fast. I love the look a like meters and name facts. I think there was abotu 14000 David Stewarts.
Dad
Gramma Stewie here: What a cutie....I actually remember doing the exact same thing to my parents when I was litte....even sitting with my legs slid through the rails and listening to what was going on downstairs. One time, I remember I heard my parents get ice cream and eat it. I thought, Hey, do they have ice cream every night after WE go to BED? I was MAD! (I wanted ice dream too) We were told we only got ice cream for sepcial occasions....first time I thought about a double standard! Oh well, later on in life, Dad & I did the same thing. Sorry kids!
Post a Comment