So Saturday, Grandma Christy and Grandpa Bob came to visit us for Thanksgiving. We came home, had some dinner and about 20 minutes later a storm hit and our power went out! It was out for an hour! It made us realize how unprepared we are! We only had one real flashlight and then we had two winding flashlights but only one would work. I busted out my reflectors and so we bounced the light off of them. I found some candles and lit those. So we had fun doing tricks on the couch and reading books! Finally the power came back on! YEAH!! Then it was time for bed! It was an exciting way to start a week of fun!
Scary, I need to get some candles that have wicks just that reason. Looks like you guys made the best of the situation though! Kids always have fun no matter if there are lights or not!
I am a WAHM with a beautiful husband, Chris and 3 beautiful girls, Sadie, Lucy, and Daphne! We love to play together, go to parks, the mall, golf, read books together and just plain old being together! I love to have a creative outlet. I am a photographer and LOVE that! I also enjoy scrapbooking, singing and hmmmmm... what else do I do with ALL my spare time...blogging.
2 comments:
How funny. :) Something like that happened to us over the summer at my mom and dad's house. The kids had a total blast in the candle lit house.
Scary, I need to get some candles that have wicks just that reason. Looks like you guys made the best of the situation though! Kids always have fun no matter if there are lights or not!
Post a Comment