This is the location of his house when he lived in it.
This is their original well! Crazy how well it has held up!
Part of his house...I loved this lantern thing. I doubt it was there to begin with but whatever it is cute.
The head stone. You can barely read his name!
There were other headstones but you can't see the writing anymore so they don't know who's they are.
There's the house! Cool!Here are some pictures of I took while we were at N. Haven Island, Maine. They are of Chris' 4x great grandfather, Nathanial Thomas' Home and homestead (the headstone is his Dad's - Samual Thomas). He was baptized by Wilford Woodruff and sold all his belongings (home included - which are the pictures) and came to be with the rest of the Mormons treking West. What a sacrifice! Anyway, I hope I got that history right. It was REALLY cool to see. Maine was absolutely beautiful. So much history there...you can just feel it. We had a blast!





2 comments:
It looks like an amazing place! What a neat trip to take. I love the pic of the red lantern. That's my fave. :) I'm glad you guys had such a good time.
love the pictures!!!!!! glad you had a good time. sounds great. i've always wanted to go to the east coast and soak up all the history.
Post a Comment