Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It's a First!

It happened today! Our first experience with "stitches" but they ended up using the glue instead! (Thank goodness!) Here's the story...we were at the park for playgroup. Lucy had walked from the tables we were sitting at for lunch over to the playground. I looked to see how she was doing and I caught her at the beginning of her breakdown (the kind where they aren't making noise yet and you are just thinking, "Okay breath!" I went over and picked her up and notice her chin was dripping blood! A friend got me some wipes and we all realized how deep it was so we decided I needed to take her in. Sadie started throwing a fit about leaving so my friend Lyndsee graciously said she would take care of her and told me to just leave. That turned out to be such a blessing! Thanks Lyndsee! I went to a little quickcare that was close by but they said they don't do that stuff, so they told me of an urgent care close by. I went there, waited and then saw the Doctor. He confirmed that she needed stitches but said he would feel better if I took her to the ER because they are better staffed for stitches. So I left and went to the emergency. We waited forever of course but she was SURPRISINGLY being so silly and having so much fun running around the waiting room. (she even caused the wound to start bleeding again a couple times! She was making me nervous!) Anyway, we had some numbing stuff taped to her chin...she didn't like it so Mommy got one too! That way if she was curious, she could touch mine rather than pulling hers off. (Except mine didn't have the meds on it!) Luckily there was a sink in the room so that kept her occupied most of the time, that and my iPOD listening to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Backyardigans and dancing. Anyway, the Dr. then applied the glue and we were done. She is doing extremely well...Mommy and Daddy are having a harder time with it! So I think what happened was she tripped and whacked her chin on one of the steps, because a friend went to feel if there was anything sharp and she couldn't find anything. So I think it just split it from the impact. It is so sad and purple now! Poor thing. Sadie had dance today, so Lyndsee found clothes and shoes for her and Lucy and I met them there. It was a long day! Lucy did not sleep a wink! Crazy girl. After dance I took the girls to McDonalds for a happy meal and to play and then got an ice cream. We needed a little fun time. Than it was home and a bath and bed! When I was getting the girls out of the car I was holding Sadie and then getting Lucy out and Sadie said, "I don't want her chin to touch me." all disgusted! Chris asked if Sadie was being sweet about it to Lucy, so I told him that story! It was funny. Anyway, that was our drama today! So sad!! Poor little Lucy!
Here is Lucy with blood all over her shirt but still looking as cute as ever! (The wetness is from her ice cream!)
There's the cut! So sad!!!
And an up close version of it! (She was watching Dora upside down on my lap!) It's about an inch long. :(

7 comments:

Colleen said...

eeek! I am so glad that you decided to take her in. Poor little girl!!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Tradgic day today Lanae. I'm glad that Lucy is ok and is still a happy girl!! I put some pictures of the girls riding bikes today on my blog check them out. They had a fun day together!

Tricia said...

Poor Lulu! I was worried about her all day. What a trooper Lucy is being so happy and a perfect place for a scar on her face! That is if it scars from the dermabond, that stuff is amazing. Glad everyone is safe and sound sleeping in their beds!

Tara said...

Poor little Lucy! That's so sad! She's such a trooper for putting up with having to go to three different places and waiting so long and stuff! (What a blessing!) Glad that she's okay though. Tricia told me earlier that it happened and that she was trying to get ahold of you for an update...so I've been wondering how she was doing.
-Love that you put one on your chin too! Where's the picture of that? Ü

Heather Guymon said...

Poor baby girl! Awww! I will freak out if we ever go to the ER for the tiniest little thing. What a trooper Lucy is!!!

David Stewart said...

Lucy did not know to be all upset so she had a good time running around ER. Glad she is ok. Those urgent care places sure were useless!

Julianne said...

I'm glad she is ok. Sounds like a long day with doctors, running all over the place like that.Lyndsee told me about what happened while I was down there. Sorry I missed seeing you!