Sunday, April 05, 2009

Mama Bird and Baby Bird

Yesterday my friends Sheila and Lyndsee threw me a Baby Shower. It was so much fun and SO cute! Sheila is like me when it comes to throwing parties...it's a fun way to express your creativity! ;) And it makes it oh so cute! (Which we couldn't say "cute" or "awww" for one of the games at the shower or else someone could take your clothespin! Mine got taken away within the first 5 minutes and then I was FREE - I am not good at that!)
My sweet sister Tricia was originally going to come out here and throw me a Baby Shower, but she decided to go to Disneyland twice and to the Roatan Islands! Sheesh, where are her priorities! :) Just kidding Tricia...you are the best and I love you! Instead, she made the cutest invitations and sent those out! Notice the cute little bird paper along the top. The shower had a bird/garden theme! So cute!Since you can't really read it, it says:
Please join us for a
Baby Shower Luncheon
Honoring

Lanae Monson

She will soon add a little Birdie to her Nest.
On Saturday, April 4th
beginning at 1 o'clock pm
at the Mott Residence

If you want to help the parents to be
instead of a gift, a package of
diapers will bring them Glee!

Since this is our 3rd girl, we don't really need much; so I just figured we DO need diapers. But of course, I have the nicest friends and I still got lots of other things as well! And of course TONS of diapers which we are so excited about! (What true parents we are, when we are excited about diapers!)
This is the walk up to the door. Sheila and I had made these for Sadie's Tea Party last year and we both absolutely LOVE them. I love how whimsical they are. They set such a cute atmosphere for things! I know I will be re-using these a lot in the future! I LOVE them!Here is when you first walked in to Sheila's house; with the present table, and the party favor table. We made cute little flower hair-things and wrapped them around little boxes of robin eggs.I made these little birdies the night before the shower. Sheila had looked everywhere for some cute little birds like this and could not find anything. So I got some felt and stuffing and little wooden dowels and...wah la. I was eager to make them because Lucy's room is birds and bird houses so I could use them for her room afterwards. They turned our really cute! Also, Sheila had planned on growing wheat grass and totally forgot until it was too late! She was so sad! But this worked just as well! :)More views of all the cute decorations! She even had the pom pom things in the bathroom! Notice my BEAUTIFUL maternity pictures around! Yeah Chris!! :) I was so proud to say that Chris took them when people asked!
See the cute clothes line, Sheila made me two adorable pillow case dresses! She has made some for Sadie and Lucy in the past and I LOVE them! The pot of flowers on the table are the pens for the games! So many cute little touches that required a lot of effort!!
And of course the food table! Everything was so delicious and so cute with so many little touches of birds and birdhouses everywhere!

This is the "game" table with the prizes and different stuff needed for the games. Sheila made TWO beautiful diaper cakes! Aren't they amazing!?! We played a game where there were melted candy bars in diapers and people had to guess what kind of candy bar it was! GROSS and hilarious! Also, had a little plastic baby in an ice cube and whoever got the baby out of the ice cube first ("their water broke") would win. Also, the game I mentioned earlier that I was horrible at with not saying "cute" and "awww!"
Then it was time to open presents!!!
It was a PERFECT shower! We all had so much fun! I have the best friends ever! Thank you Sheila and Lyndsee for doing such an AMAZING job! And thank you to those that came and made it so much fun! :)

9 comments:

Susanne said...

Wow! So much talent! You could team up and start a party planning business. :-) And I LOVE those maternity pictures. Great idea to bring them along so all your friends could see them, too!

Cyndi said...

That is the most BEAUTIFUL shower EVER! I can't believe how gorgeous everything is. What nice and fun and talented friends you have.

Tara said...

DITTO: "That is the most beautiful shower ever!"
(Makes ME want to throw one.)
I'm glad that you have such awesome friends. It makes me sad that you live so far away, and we don't get to go to lots of these special things...it makes me happy to know that you have such good friends that totally take care of you like you deserve!
LOVE YOU NAE!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Love all the photos! You are amazing Lanae. It was lots of fun so glad you got a ton of diapers, I just ran out of ones I got for Ryder a month ago. Love ya!!

marisa said...

Beautiful!
Lanae I was just going through some of your old posts and noticed that you had the same bedspreads from Pottery Barn,(your oldest is sitting next to her grandma reading) if you ever want to get rid of it, please let me know...I am looking for a 3rd one, I found two at the thrift store and want one for when our youngest moves in with the other girls...you know living in CA you have to share bedrooms! So name your price! Good luck with number 3! love, Marisa Rasmussen Brown

Jennifer said...

How fun! What a "cute" idea! I'm excited for you guys! Hang in there!

Jodi said...

Those birds are so cute. I'm always to impressed with your crafty projects.
Oh and happy baby shower. It looked picture perfect.

Tricia said...

It looks like a perfect day. I'm so sad I missed it! I want one of those hair things! Glad you liked the invites and I could help in a small way. Your gift shipped this morning and I can't wait for you to wrap your newest little lady in them!!! LOVE YOU!

Heather Guymon said...

It was SO much fun! I was so glad to be able to come and celebrate with you. I can't WAIT to see little Monson now!!!!