Yesterday I had my LAST Doctor appointment! I totally forgot I had to do my lab work and pre-register down stairs at the ER - with a C-section you have to do all the pre-operation stuff. It made me start to get emotional a little. It was just all sinking in that she is coming in just a few short days!!! Yeah! So after getting multiple tubes of my blood filled, I got a pretty new bracelet to wear all weekend! What a nice accessory for Easter! :)
As I was registering down stairs, a little girl came in to the ER totally crying! It broke my heart and took everything I had to not cry myself! Especially after I was already feeling emotional. I couldn't even turn around to look at her! The lady checking me in must have noticed my watering eyes and said, "This isn't your first is it?" To which I laughed and said, "No." :) So many emotions!
The girls are getting so giddy about the baby coming. I re-situated all the car seats yesterday in preparation for the baby and Grandmas coming. I had already put the baby's seat base in earlier but not very well and it was loose and slanted. But then I realized I wanted her to be on the other side and Lucy to be in the back with Sadie, at least temporarily so we have a seat for Grandma. So I got those in there and I must say super snug! I am a pro! While I was getting everything adjusted, Lucy kept asking if we were going to get her! Then she scrunched her nose and nodded her head and said, "Next time." She is so cute!
So here are some pictures of her nursery. "She" has no name yet, so sorry I can't refer to her by it! :) I have not hung anything on the walls yet because we need to get a dresser and I don't know if it will change the layout of things. So I don't want to commit yet. My parents bought her a new crib which I love! (It is a dark brown)And her bedding I found at Target a few months back on clearance for $17.50! I HAD to get it! It didn't come with the bed skirt which I was nervous about, but I found it online! Woo Hoo! I guess you can't totally tell by the picture, but it is stripes and circles. And the only thing I hung up is the butterfly mobile from Pottery Barn Kids that I had in Sadie's baby room and I LOVE!!! Lucy has a flower one in her room too!
We had white furniture for Sadie and Lucy, so I took the white changing table and took the green from the bedding and painted it that green. It turned out pretty cute. Then the baskets were white so I spray painted them the dark brown and just put the same pink gingham covers back in them. I have never really liked my glider. :( I know! Chris gives me a hard time because we bought a really nice one with nice features, but we went for the one with features and not the one that was cuter. So it is an ugly denim fabric (which has NEVER matched any of the nurseries) and a light oak wood, which hasn't ever matched either. :( You see, Sadie was 6 weeks early and we had JUST moved from CA to TX, so we had nothing! So after I was released from the hospital and she was still in the NICU, we made many trips to Babies R Us. So it was hectic, I was healing from a c-section, and I just felt the need to get the stuff and quickly! Anyway, I have ordered cute fabric to cover the cushions to the chair. I was going to try and re-stain it, but there are too many moving parts and little spindles and stuff. The fabric is a canvas fabric that is the chocolate brown with off-white swirly vine things, you can see it sitting on the ottoman. It's really cute, and I will get to that later! :)
For the past 2 weeks I have been painting her room! I have never done a pink room, so I figured no is the time. We chose a really soft pink and I am really happy with it. It took 3 coats and 5 gallons of paint! I am so done with painting! I did really subtle vertical stripes which I love. They are 12 inches wide. So I did the base color with an eggshell finish, and the the stripes are in the same color but a Satin finish (the next step up). It is very subtle and not something you notice until you have been in the room for a little bit.
I have never been this prepared for a baby to come. I have everything cleaned, laid out, etc. I have the bassinet down in the guest bedroom, because I can't go upstairs for a week after my c-section, with diapers, wipes, jammies, alcohol swabs...everything! We are set! My bags are packed and we are ready and excited! Besides being ready with everything set up for the baby, my body is ready! Of course I have the aches and pains, but unlike my other pregnancies, my feet are totally swelling! It is disgusting and hilarious! Sorry for my gross feet!
A friend and I got together and made some CUTE pacifier clips. She has all the stuff and skills to do it and makes bracelets and stuff, so that was nice! She would start them and I would string them and then she would finish it! It was fun and I enjoyed the challenge of it. It is hard with some to figure out a pattern and to make it the right length. It was fun! My puzzle mind and creative mind enjoyed it! Plus it was fun doing it with a friend. These are the ones we made and I LOVE them all!!!
So, sweet little girl...we are so READY for you! All except for a name! :) But soon enough!





7 comments:
What a wonderful post! I love her room. You are ready, wow! I love the clips you guys made too. Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see pictures and her name. Love you.
Everything is so beautiful! I love the walls - I can see the stripes - but I love the subtlety. The pacifier clips are totally cool! I'm so impressed. Your ankles make me hurt - and sadly enough mine can look similar if I'm not careful - and sadly I don't have a cute baby on the way to justify it!
You know what sounds really nice with Lucy and Sadie??? Amy! It has a beautiful meaning too - plus Little Women - come on - it rocks! hahahahahaha
Can't wait to meet your new little girl.
Everything looks so cute!! I am so excited for you! Good luck with everything this week. I cant wait to see pictures of her!!
Yay! I can hardly wait to see pictures of your new little one! Love the beautiful nursery and the baby clips (I make those beaded ones for baby showers... yours turned out CUTE!). Good luck with everything this week. We don't have a name picked out either, but at least I still have about two months to go. We keep going in circles with Sophia, Madalyn, Analise, Alison... (and don't be surprised if it ends up being something completely different!) It is SO HARD to pick a name! Can't wait to find out what you've chosen. :-)
Oh my gosh! I'm so loving this post! I'm really excited for you. I can't wait to have another baby when that time comes (not trying yet). You sound so ready and that's awesome! It's really cute how your girls are so excited too. That makes it special. When your kids are happy, so are you. Take care & enjoy these moments!
I am totally impressed with how READY for her you are!!! Those paci clips are beautiful! I LOVE everything about her nursery.
As for your balloon feet, I'm freaking out that YOU (of all of my sisters) put a picture of your swollen feet on her blog. (At least you had a pedicure...thanks for that part. ;)
Can't wait to see what she looks like!!! I'm glad you are all ready for her!
I am SO excited Lanae! I have been thinking about you all day today. I love how the nursery turned out!
Post a Comment