So, I was talking to Chris about a week ago about how he should start working with Sadie on riding her bike without training wheels - she keeps asking and talking about it. So this last weekend he and Sadie went outside to ride. Lucy and I were inside for a little bit. When we came out to join them, they were working on pumping up her tires. The wheels are so small Chris had to use both hands to hold the pump to the valve and Sadie was struggling/using all her strength to slowly pump the tire. It was cute. I jumped in to help and get the job done. Once her tires were more pumped up, Chris told Sadie to hop on. She did. He took the handle bars and basically flung her forward. To my surprise, she took off! Seriously, she just started riding around like a pro! I was in shock. I asked Chris if they had already been practicing while I was inside and he, just as shocked as I was, said no! Crazy girl!! Look at her go!
I love how she is so proud of herself in these pictures!
Even confident enough to look at Mom and smile! Watch where you're going! :)
She is so big for this bike! It looks like she belongs in the circus or something on a tiny bike! But we hear it is better for them to learn on. I guess so!
Once she stopped, she had a hard time realizing that she can't just start pedaling and not tip over. But once she understood how to push herself a little with her feet and then hurry and start to pedal, she totally got it! Seriously, I can't believe how easily she caught on. She of course wanted to keep riding her bike all day long and all day today! She is a pro now! Yeah Sadie! Thumbs up!
Lucy is SO proud of her big sister!
5 comments:
WOW! I can't believe that she basically just knew how to do it...NO FEAR! She is such a big girl! You GO Sadie!
Yeah Sadie! I can't believe she did it just like that! What a big girl. Tell her I'm so proud of her and can't wait for her and Shane to ride bikes together someday.
I can't wait for Sadie to show me her latest 'trick' here this weekend! I am looking so forward to seeing you guys! Sadie got her balancing talent from YOU....you basically did the same thing: you just 'did it'. She is a chip off the old block! Go Sadie! 143
Haha! That bike is so teeny for her! Caleb was like that on his little bike for the longest time. Good girl!
What a BIG GIRL! That's awesome. I LOVE those pictures. (Such big smiles! Too cute.)
Post a Comment